A couple settings that boost your ownage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffy Summers
    FOV 90 here. Generally speaking, low fow (80-90) makes it easier to aim at long range.
    I think that the Lightning and Sniper Rifle both zoom in to such an extent that FOV really stops mattering.

Comment

for 3..... Certain crosshairs are better. but i actually feel a differnt for each weap HELPS you.....

expecially if you turn off the draw gun. having no gun on the screen boosts your view quite a bit with nothing blocking it and the differnt crosshairs help to show what weapon your on without looking at hud or having the draw gun on.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
        The Circle 1&3 crosshairs combine the best of both worlds: precision, and ease of use.
        They distract me and are useless. Dots and things similar to dots are good.

Comment

Originally posted by .InSanE.
          They distract me and are useless. Dots and things similar to dots are good.

dots are fine for what i was saying. i could use a dot and a differnt color dot for each weap.

i just prefer some difference that i'll know what weap im on easily without looking.

usually i know anyway cuz i have the weaps set to keys. but once and a while it does come in handy

Comment

Okay, sorry for the crosshair assumptions that I made...I guess it's personal preference. I just noticed that the crosshair change really made my aim better.

Comment

I play with hidden weapon, so I have custom crosshairs on all my weapons, some are the same, but in a different color. the round one with the dot is nice for the shock rifle, improved my combos

fov is 100, no mouse smooting, its evil

Comment

i'm using transparent crosshairs, so they dont block my view too much
                am i the only one?

Comment

Me too, I use circle 3, expanded in size a bit and with some opacity. It's too distracting to have it solid.

I have it transparent enough that I don't notice it most the time, but solid enough that if I'm purposely paying attention to it I can see it even during a real mess.

Comment

Originally posted by squoibymox
                    Me too, I use circle 3, expanded in size a bit and with some opacity. It's too distracting to have it solid.

I have it transparent enough that I don't notice it most the time, but solid enough that if I'm purposely paying attention to it I can see it even during a real mess.
                    I use 90% transparency, so there's a little bit of see-through quality to it.

Comment

the dot is the best corsshair, because then you have no other choice then to put the corsshair on the target, wheras in the circle, sometimes you think if your target is within the circle, but not on the dot, you hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                        BTW, what do the 'Pros' use for FOV?

I believe Snoop_au, wcg03 ut2003 3rd uses fov 115 - 120....

Comment

1) fov = 90

2) Personal preference. Not even sure what I use and I can't be bothered checking right now

3) Used to use a bright green dot. No trying my own custom crosshair. Basically a green dot still but combined with a black + shape that is completely opaque at the end of each 'arm' of the + and completely transparent by the time each 'arm' reaches the green dot with a fade inbetween.

Also, it has been scientifically proven that many scientific studies are not always correct :up:

Comment

can anyone explain exactly what mouse smoothing does and the general pros and cons of using it?

Comment

Working...
                            X