Dutchgrish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutchgrish?

Dutch speakers: for a laugh, have a look at the Dutch translation of the Quickstart guide. Whoever wrote that is, uhm, not too familiar with the language (understatement). *** smack becomes "dreun met achterste" (lol), "configure controls" apparently means "instelling besturingen", etc. Next time you need the loo, bring along the manual for a giggle

*Argh!* stop teasing us that still have to wait for the damned SE/dvd-version ...
    // --
    Did they even translate the item-texts in-game this time ?
    *eek*

Besides : /me thinks we really should be glad they didn't attempt to use Dutch voice-actors ... double *eek*

Comment

klik dan op 'Yes' (ja) :up:
      16+ game, I'd say everyone knows what yes means by then :P

Comment

Re: Dutchgrish?

Originally posted by yoghurt
        Dutch speakers: for a laugh, have a look at the Dutch translation of the Quickstart guide. Whoever wrote that is, uhm, not too familiar with the language (understatement). *** smack becomes "dreun met achterste" (lol), "configure controls" apparently means "instelling besturingen", etc. Next time you need the loo, bring along the manual for a giggle
        You see that much too often. Translation is done by literally translating every word instead of translating the sentences. The grammar is also mostly ****.
        It is really obvious it is not translated by anyone that can speak/read/write the language.

De vertaling moet gedaan worden door iemand die de taal kent.

or in english: The translation must be done by someone who knows the language

Comment

Yup, very clearly a literal dictionary-at-hand job, that translation. I've given up caring, and just see it as mild entertainment

As for the in-game translation question: no idea, running the English install here. I was only referring to the translated Quickstart guide of the printed manual.

edit: Centerview = naar het midden kijken. Lol.

Comment

Hmmz, how would you translate centerview?

Comment

I wouldn't "Centerview" is pretty much commonplace among dutch-speaking gamers, i'd say, same way we adopted "fraggen" etc.

Comment

bah, that's even worse than those literal translations.
                I hate it when people just accept english words as being 'normal' without questioning ...

Comment

Working...
                X