UT2004 and Gamespy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what I was told
    We've already moved it in house We'll post soon about what the community needs to do to switch over.

Thanks!

Comment

BTW. I would like to remind everyone that there has been no statement to the fact that Epic are abandoning U1 support.
      There is hopefully a chance that they will fix the U1 system, as I think that they think it was actually working.

Still no joy with Deus Ex support

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Flay View Post
        BTW. I would like to remind everyone that there has been no statement to the fact that Epic are abandoning U1 support.
        There is hopefully a chance that they will fix the U1 system, as I think that they think it was actually working.
        Eh? Unreal I is fine with the 227 patch. There's nothing to fix there.

I just went through the UT3 thread about it, and it's good to know that Epic will migrate the login servers to themselves. But man, the atmosphere in that thread is pretty much exactly like the one on BeyondUnreal I definitely like the one we have in this forum (calm and serious) better.

Comment

So, if Gamespy shuts down, that means no more online gaming unless someone else can host a master server? I hope someone else can.

Comment

That's only true for UT99 and even then there's already a community made solution. Epics host master server for UT2004 and I guess they soon will be hosting UT3's one too.
            Just read the thread...

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
              That's only true for UT99 and even then there's already a community made solution. Epics host master server for UT2004 and I guess they soon will be hosting UT3's one too.
              Just read the thread...
              But the "community made solution" ...well ...They putting in this project a huge load of effort and I hope they succeed. But a second masterserver (hosted by epic maybe, or someone else) as backup would be more secure.
              I mean UT99 is still sold over GOG or Steam ...Valve could host a masterserver...

and I wish for a pony.

Comment

Great news.
                The unofficial support list is now at 18 games, as of several hours ago 8-)
                UT99 is well supplied with people willing to run a master (we don't need lots), so we will be looking to sort the other communities such as Deus Ex

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                  But the "community made solution" ...well ...They putting in this project a huge load of effort and I hope they succeed. But a second masterserver (hosted by epic maybe, or someone else) as backup would be more secure.
                  It's secure enough as it is. UT1 has the masterserver commandlet and the reverse-engineering effort. That means anyone can host a master server. Even if there was a single server left in the world, it could host a master server for itself. It doesn't get more secure than that.

Comment

Working...
                  X