Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sing the petition for new Unreal Tournament

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sing the petition for new Unreal Tournament

    Hello everyone!
    Many people were saddened by the news that it won't be the new Unreal Tournament.
    I have started a petition which you can sign. Do not forget to send the link to your friends.
    Thanks in advance!
    https://www.change.org/petitions/epi...onsoles-and-pc

    #2
    Thanks, I am sharing around through various channels!

    Comment


      #3
      "Sing the petition"

      But I think it's a rather misaimed petition. It should ask for any Unreal title, not specifically Unreal Tournament. Personally I'd rather see an Unreal III.

      Comment


        #4
        Signed for Bulletstorm 2 !, I mean Unreal Championship 3 !, I mean, UT2016 ! . . .

        Comment


          #5
          Signed for any Unreal

          Comment


            #6
            So naive...

            Comment


              #7
              Signed the petition.

              Comment


                #8
                Just wait and see what CliffyB has up his sleeves, then decide if a petition really is necessary.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                  Just wait and see what CliffyB has up his sleeves, then decide if a petition really is necessary.
                  But he left Epic, so whatever he has up his sleeves is not an Unreal title...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This is one of those situations where you either have to do it yourself or not at all.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      But he left Epic, so whatever he has up his sleeves is not an Unreal title...
                      Remember that RtNP and UT3 also are an Unreal titles - and they weren't quite the success.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                        Remember that RtNP and UT3 also are an Unreal titles - and they weren't quite the success.
                        I'm not sure about RtNP, but UT3 wasn't strictly "fail". They did mess up a lot of things, but it was still UT in the end.
                        People here are looking for a new UT, not for some other arena shooter, no matter how good would it be. It's questionable that new Cliff's project will be "UT" (I'm not even talking about trademarks here).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          RTNP was relatively unknown, I didn't saw it very long in the stores, and yeah it wasn't great but it was still good, I found that weird that they went up to a newer weapon selection with nothing creative in their design and most funny enough you have an assault rifle that shoots faster than the minigun, a new rocket launcher with the sole point of being instashot instead of multiloaded, a grenade launcher with a single pipe bomb mode a spider, though the little dinosaurs and the marines were the most interesting new enemies from the batch I liked also some levels from it despite finding that the voice acting was quite an unneeded addition to the game IMHO.
                          This reminds me the fact that Unreal 2 was also quite uncreative in general, the weapons in this game were well made but the action went out, the game was largely simplified, no more inventory items (no flares, jumpboots, fruits, etc ...), no more "complex" armor system, we have only a shield and health, the pacing went very slow, the agile skaarjs went bag of hitpoints with a lot less agility and with a strange shield ability with their claws >_> for me Unreal 2 aside of a few interesting things mainly on the weapon side and certain enemies - turrets, the game wasn't much aside of that.
                          I wonder if U2 was a success or a fail, but it was certainly a disappointment for those who loved the original.
                          UT3 was more of a moderate success and very moderate, it's SP campaign was strange to me, the fact they tried to put a story on a bunch of botmatches was strange and misplaced.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I would but i'm a terrible singer

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                              Remember that RtNP and UT3 also are an Unreal titles - and they weren't quite the success.
                              Personally I like all the Unreal titles. Every single one of them. So I don't care whether they are a success or not. But them being Unreal titles is important, because that way they define the Unreal universe (of which we still don't know much).

                              Originally posted by Blade_hunter View Post
                              This reminds me the fact that Unreal 2 was also quite uncreative in general, the weapons in this game were well made but the action went out, the game was largely simplified, no more inventory items (no flares, jumpboots, fruits, etc ...), no more "complex" armor system, we have only a shield and health, the pacing went very slow, the agile skaarjs went bag of hitpoints with a lot less agility and with a strange shield ability with their claws >_> for me Unreal 2 aside of a few interesting things mainly on the weapon side and certain enemies - turrets, the game wasn't much aside of that.
                              I wonder if U2 was a success or a fail, but it was certainly a disappointment for those who loved the original.
                              UT3 was more of a moderate success and very moderate, it's SP campaign was strange to me, the fact they tried to put a story on a bunch of botmatches was strange and misplaced.
                              Unreal II was very creative. Just that it was never finished, with Atari pushing for a premature release. The armour system you gave an example of: it's actually an incredibly complex system there, with different suits that give different resistance to different DamageTypes. The problem is that they never finished a model for the suits, so you play the game with just that one starting suit. And that's just one example. Digging through the U2 codebase you can find a whole lot more. Which makes Unreal II a really good development platform for SP games (especially since it includes unique technology like the Golem editor, Dialog editor, the best particle system I've ever seen etc.), just that due to low interest in it few people bothered to even try.

                              For those interested in the technology, I have written a reference guide to the Golem editor and the Dialog editor: http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index....e=Golem_Studio http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index....=Dialog_Editor (and some more interesting things here: http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mapping ). Also of note is Legend's original vision of XMP and other things that weren't finished for Unreal II: http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Cut_...t_of_Unreal_II I also have the original Unreal II website remade, and it has some more details about it (just that now the website is down and I'll move it to my main website server at some point in the future).

                              As for story for botmatches, it worked with UT1, UT2003, UT2004 and UC2 (not sure about UC1). Their problem was that in UT3 the story no longer states that it's a tournament. But having a story is fine in itself. (Due to the UT3 story I made the Respawner mutator, where you need to kill the opposition first before you win the match, to be in line with what the story suggests should happen.)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X