Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Motion For Bots Only

Hello everyone!

To be honest, this is my first attempt ever at using any kind of online forum. I never felt the need to because so many of my issues could usually be found in a discussion somewhere online, but in this case, I am at a loss and am feeling a little desperate at this point. I actually created an account here for the sole purpose of asking someone out there more informed than I this single simple question. Please feel free to answer any way you like. It will not bother me if you answer with "you stupid idiot! the answer is obviously...." or you feel the need to be hard on me because I am new to this, as long as you provide some guidance for me as to the solution. I will be in your debt if you can please help me with this. Is there ANY and I mean ANY way you can think of where I can play unreal tournament for P.C and have the bots move in slow motion, but I am at normal speed. I know you can aim in normal speed in slow motion, but I'm talking about movement and firing as well. Wouldn't it be cool if you could move just like fry does in that episode of Futurama where he drinks 100 cups of coffee? Some have seemed to have hinted at that "mokey matrix moves" thing, but it still only seems to make aiming normal, but not movement and firing. Please try to dumb it down for me as I don't have that much experience editing this game, but man can I play it. Thank you in advance for any help you can think of and have a nice day.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Noone is going to shout at you and accuse you of being an idiot here. Well, at least noone did so ever since I joined this forum.

I'm not aware of a mutator that could do this and I don't have the coding experience to do it, but it could be possible for someone to create it.

It would be a good idea to post this in the Mod Request & Idea Sharing corner of the forum as well (click me), people often post requests and some actually get fullfilled. One has to note though that the community shrunk a lot these past few years and most coders are either gone or gave up on the game and moved on to another one - or they are simply busy with their projects, but maybe someone will find some spare time and create what you desire. Although I'm still a big coding noob, I might try to give it a go as well, wanted to try to learn U-Script either way, although I really don't know if I will come up with anything useful/at all, so if anyone else who has the skill can make it for you, I don't mind if that person will do so. I'll try it for practice reasons anyway.

Comment

Hello Sly;
      Thank you for the warm welcome. Much obliged. I will definitely follow your advice and post this same question in the Mod Request & Idea Sharing corner of the forum. I'm grateful you providing a link as well. It is a nice first impression to have such a polite response. It is definitely exciting to see the many options one has available to modify this game once they have some experience doing so. I'm sure the link provided will definitely help. Since I do have a brother who is currently learning to code in college specifically for gaming purposes, I'm sure he will also be able to help me if they get a little too technical. I appreciate your consideration for an attempt at this mod. Let me know if you find success. Arrivederci, my friend.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know of any mod to do what you want, but there's a mod to do a sort of similar thing at;

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s-this-please?

Using this mod, then the bots (and everything in the game world) move really slowly as long as you yourself don't move (or aim). But as long as you are moving/aiming/firing/etc, then time moves at normal speed. Give it a go, it's a lot of fun.

Comment

This request was already fulfilled. Though it's interesting that your request was, too. I missed it. That system would be just perfect for a new Might and Magic game, as opposed to what Ubisoft ended up doing...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            This request was already fulfilled.
            Where did you find the solution, please? If you post a problem, then find an answer you should always post up the solution/where to download the file/etc, in case anyone else who reads the thread wants the answer too.

Comment

"I will definitely follow your advice and post this same question in the Mod Request & Idea Sharing corner of the forum" → http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-For-Bots-Only

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
                X