• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Soundtack into MIDI files

Hello, I was wondering if someone is good at audio to simple
    MIDI format for the UT2004 Soundtrack. I'm using the midis for
    making the soundtrack to 8 bit.

You're better off learning how to transcribe music using Famitracker than hoping someone out there will transcribe all the music to MIDI so you could make a lazy Gashisoft GXSCC-produced "my 8-bit remix's!!!" pack.

Comment

I don't know how to use FamiTracker, I tried to make a remix with audio, but I can't.
      And I don't like post too aggressive.

Comment

Sorry, but I get tired coming across so many alleged "8-bit remixes" which are usually uncredited to either the sequencer of the MIDI and the software used..

Plus UT2004's soundtrack isn't much other than electronica and orchestral noise, the best tunes in the game are the Unreal Championship holdovers.

Comment

Well, I'm new to the software and wanted to make an 8 bit versions using FamiTracker.
          I mean doing the whole song from UT2004 by hand is so much work. It doesn't use
          audio files. Which I'm confused about.

Yes, I feel the same to.

Comment

Yes, UT2004 music has been rendered into a single waveform, compressed using Vorbis and wrapped into an OGG container. Instruments or nodes are not available unless you manually or semi-automatically extract or transcribe them. This can be a lot of work, so if you were looking for a cheap solution, you picked the wrong subject to work with.

Comment

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier to convert the UT/Unreal soundtrack to midi. Those are already in impulse tracker format, I believe.

Comment

Yes, they are.

Comment

The UT soundtrack is mostly Impulse Tracker (IT) format, except Firebr and Mech8 which are in XM and S3M format respectively. Unreal and RtNP soundtracks are mostly S3M and some IT. Shouldn't matter for modern trackers, though. (I wonder what other formats Galaxy supports.)

BTW: What do you mean by "making the soundtrack to 8 bit"?

Comment

Oh, 8 bit is like the quality of music and graphics from the NES console.
                    Like chiptune. Lowering the sound quality and setting to mono. I think.

Comment

Ah, one of those weird hipster things.

Comment

Working...
                      X