Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT 2004 with more rpg'ness

I have thought, so tell me how it went:
    If UT had a decent story and things revolved around that, it'd be way cooler. As it stands, nothing, even the minimal background, has anything to do with what I'm doing and why. I think they should work it in more, so that maybe the different models aren't just different skins, but different people, that would add a ton to the game. Like how Unreal Championship 2 is looking.Maps with bodies covering it to signify a great battle prior or that you're replaying a great battle and this is several days in.
    Second idea is for a bonus for getting "Killing Spree" or the one higher, if there is one, I've not killed that many. A bonus because at that point the player represents some Divine Force on the battlefield. Maybe some of the good players get this all the time though, and it would break the game, if so tell me. This would also make allow for some good feelings when a person takes down this Divine Being, thus actually killing a hero and saving their team/everyone much grief. The Divine Force/Being would grow in size or get a special marking, like a Halo. They would do more damage, or take less, or produce an aura for teammates (don't know for deathmatch) that does something. Since standing next to someone with 100 kills makes one feel both safe and more powerful.
    Yes? no? Do pass on thoughts. I really can't do anything about it if anyone did like it. Maybe a modder would though. Or the "massive" support would lead to 2005 having it <I'm laughing too>.

Hehe Nice.

I was kinda hoping that ut2004 would have a 'lobby' that would be an actual stage in the game you could walk around in (it would be set in liandri HQ somewhere or some place important to the UT story) and the other competitors would be wandering around going about their business - you could walk up to them and have a chat - challenge them, make bets with them on an upcoming match to score a few credits etc

But it wouldn't be totally open - the story would still progress as you won matches - teams would have off-field disputes and one may possibly even turn the lobby into an arean itself!

Food for thought.

Comment

Good ideas!

Perhaps someone could make an expansion mod for single player..

Comment

Both of you two have good ideas I think.

The highest thing up from the "Killing Spree" goes, "Unstopable", Something I don't remember, then "GODLIKE!" which is the highest I belive. In 2k3, I got over 50 frags without dieing, and the Highest I heard was godlike. (I played a 999 frag game with 16 people on the map (bots) it took like 2 hours.)

I would also like to see in the "Name" area above the models, how many frags in a row they have, so you can take out the ones doing good.

Comment

Originally posted by MarZer
          Hehe Nice.

I was kinda hoping that ut2004 would have a 'lobby' that would be an actual stage in the game you could walk around in (it would be set in liandri HQ somewhere or some place important to the UT story) and the other competitors would be wandering around going about their business - you could walk up to them and have a chat - challenge them, make bets with them on an upcoming match to score a few credits etc
          I love the lobby idea

It would be cool to just walk in, sit at the bar, order an adrenaline pack and chat with some folks visually

Comment

co-op campaign mode, that's a mod we need. Play single player over the net with a friend to help you. And you know how PS and the such have cards, so you can challenge your friends with your saved games? Take you built team of bots out and play matches against a friends team, challenge people on the web for their players...stuff like that would make the single player last a lot longer too.

Comment

O_O X_X!! I just noticed something.....

Even if there were a cool lobby like thing, the graphics would have to be so terribly low that you couldn't tell who was who after you get so many people. Also you would be forced to have either a channel system, or a distance chat. As well, you would need a dedicated server with high band width to keep up, also you wouldn't be able to use it if you were someone like me with dialup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber Mengsk
                O_O X_X!! I just noticed something.....

Even if there were a cool lobby like thing, the graphics would have to be so terribly low that you couldn't tell who was who after you get so many people. Also you would be forced to have either a channel system, or a distance chat. As well, you would need a dedicated server with high band width to keep up, also you wouldn't be able to use it if you were someone like me with dialup.
                I was actually talking about a lobby for the SINGLE PLAYER mode but an online version sounds cool. Yer resources to run it would be a ******...

Comment

I'd like to see an MMOFPS ala Planetside but within the Unreal Universe. Slower paced activities included, but still fast-paced fighting in battle areas.

Comment

Why not try this with unreal 2 instead??

Comment

"The Lobby" idea, hearing it now, it just seems like common sense. It def should be in. And I don't think the graphics would have to be bad or anything else mentioned. ...Just because is my support. Planetside has a similar deal, or so I've heard. I haven't played that nor know much. This is a Tounrament, where is the betting and pre-match trash-talk? Immersion.

Cutoms Bots, if I understand that right, sounds bad to me. Rather niche and it takes away from the main appeal of UT; the people. People making teams just doesn't make sense for UT. And the AI would need to redone to "learn", right?

I support the frags next to names idea, but because I don't know the button for Scoreboard, nor would I remember to use it. It can't be too hard to look at that once and a while and see who's tearing people up. Be easier to see onscreen. I don't look at names much though. Very tiny. Still, the option for this would be great.

I like the ideas, really do... but ah... What about mine? Ya know, cool if no one wants to talk about it... Just... ah, wondering. Is all. I don't want everyone to talk about that (The Lobby) and have what I wanted to talk about die. We can do two+ though. Seen it happen before.

Comment

Working...
                      X