Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNREAL vs. HALF LIFE (this is goin to be neo vs smith all over again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNREAL vs. HALF LIFE (this is goin to be neo vs smith all over again)

AND THEN THERE WERE TWO............................................

So as most of you know unreal tournamnt beat out proly one of the games that got most of us hook on fps like bill clinton and bl's, Conter strike. but now the greatest battle of them yet is about to come to ahead....
    UNREAL TOURNAMENT vs. HALF LIFE
    post here on who you think shoud win and why.(DUMB I KNOW SINCE ALL OF US ARE UT TILL THA FRAG.'get it?')
    so let me and atari along wit the godlike epic know who is going to leave this battle wit a 'WICKED SICK' and show those HALF LIFE punks the meaning of being OWNED after all we are the ones who created it.........

Unreal Tournament was great, but Half-Life is better.

Since you're asking this on an unreal tournament forum..I'm thinking little will agree thoough

Comment

The reason BF:V and Ut2k4 went head to head is because they are both huge predominantly multiplayer games. Ut2k4 also happens to have a game mode that is semi-similar to BF:V, ie Onslaught.

Half Life 2 will (hopefully) be a fantastic single player experience. Amazing graphics, scripted sequences, storyline, full physics engine etc.

I will enjoy both games in totally different ways. From what i've seen HL2 is geared up as a single player game, with multiplayer as an added extra, whereas Ut2k4 is designed from the base up with multiplayer in mind.

Comment

If Valve ever gets the **** game done...

They seem more fixated on Condition Zero (who's gonna buy a half-***** product using a 6yo engine for $40??????) :sour: :down:

Comment

Gamespy should make this a Grunge.

Comment

This is a tough one. UT had much more replay value than HL, but HL was soooo fun...

I'll have think about this one... and I DO accept cash bribes.

Comment

Half-Life was decent as a single player game, I beat it only once but I'm not really into FPS games as SP. Vanilla HL multiplayer was nothing special, though it might have fit me better than any other bug FPS game of that time. However, Half-Life's real attraction comes from the mods. There's one mod that kept me playing for 4 years on and off and let's not forget Counter Strike that people seem to like, though I don't know why.

For me, HL2 will be great if the physics engine is as good as advertised and if someone make an interesting mod for it. However, the new version of the mod I so like is being made for UT2k4 so I'm leaning heavily over UT camp right now.

Comment

I bought Half Life after UT99 and never got past the first level. Maybe you're a SP kind of person or you're not. I had the same reaction to RTCW and Halo PC

In fact the only games outside the Unreal franchise that have rocked my world have been SimCity and NFSU, although Star Wars Pod Racer was fun and I did finish Sonic the Hedgehog...

Comment

Working...
                X