Aliases Binds Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliases Binds Etc

Can someone please explain why aliases are useful to me and actually what they are?

Also can you post your bindings that you find most effective in combat?

I really would like to read your thoughts and how you have your binding setup. This is a new area for me and to tell you the truth it's really helping my gameplay to be able to switch weapons on a dime

Thanks guys.

An alias is handy to do multiple commands at 1 time with 1 command.
    I have:
    Aliases[36]=(Command="setsensitivity 1.52|fov 80",Alias="zoomin")
    Aliases[37]=(Command="setsensitivity 2.00|fov 105",Alias="zoomout")
    Binded to:
    MouseWheelDown=zoomout
    MouseWheelUp=zoomin

Comment

I don't mess with aliases really but.. If you don't know about pipe binds, here's an example of one.

Mouse5=PipedSwitchWeapon 6 | PipedSwitchweapon 5

Thats my left (side) mouse button. One press switches to mini, press again and it switches to the link gun. Or if I don't have the mini, it automatically switches to the link gun.

It's probably best to have a bound key for each weapon though. Mini and link are similar enough, so it doesn't bother me so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sheki
        I don't mess with aliases really but.. If you don't know about pipe binds, here's an example of one.

Mouse5=PipedSwitchWeapon 6 | PipedSwitchweapon 5

Thats my left (side) mouse button. One press switches to mini, press again and it switches to the link gun. Or if I don't have the mini, it automatically switches to the link gun.

It's probably best to have a bound key for each weapon though. Mini and link are similar enough, so it doesn't bother me so much.
        the pipedswitchweapon is the only bind i use. it's very useful in combat to be able to use 1 button and switch between two weapons instead of having to reach all over for separate binds.

Comment

do you know?

Does anyone know how to make my stat fps stay all the time instead of having to input the command every time I start the game?

Does anyone know the location of the full list of console commands etc? Or all the commands you can give?

Comment

I need to remember how to do this, but the best use of inputs is by making a completely different USER.INI and using inputs to swap it in and out.

I want to make an USER.INI file specific to CTF-FacingWorlds (which only has a small amount of weapons on it) and then make my generic USER.INI for other maps.

Comment

bind

I would like to bind my stats to load up on start or when I load the program to always show the fps is there any way to do this?

Comment

Anyone figured out how to make a MineLayer/Grenade bind? I just hate having to scroll thru everything when I happen to have all the weapons since i just use the pipe to switch up 2 weapons per one key.

Hell, I could build an alias if I just figure out the whole names of the items. :weird:

Comment

Sorry for digging up threads, but i think it is better then to start new ones about the same subject.

Can you make a alias that switch weapon and then fire? So if i press left mousebutton i switch to rocket launcher and after i have switched i start launching rockets and if i want to use the flak i press the right button and so on?

Comment

Originally posted by WinMar
                    Sorry for digging up threads, but i think it is better then to start new ones about the same subject.

Can you make a alias that switch weapon and then fire? So if i press left mousebutton i switch to rocket launcher and after i have switched i start launching rockets and if i want to use the flak i press the right button and so on?
                    You could in 2k3 anyway, but that's lame and I don't suggest you do it. I don't remember the exact line for it, but if you search the net for a 'quickshield' bind or something, it should show how to do that with the shield gun.

Comment

Working...
                    X