Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Epic make any maps for UT2004?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didnt Epic make any maps for UT2004?

I just browsed through every single new map in UnrealED and looked at the designer name

I saw no Epic names there at all, all of the maps were done by DE or contractors

Is this one of the reasons why the UT2004 maps are a lot better than UT2003?

CliffyB didn't do any of them???

Comment

lol i have no clue, didnt even Cliffy made a map?? or Desperados?? Oh btw, i know Willhaven worked on Junkjard and other AS Maps, he's a Epic emplooye allright

Comment

I am just sad about the BR maps. No love there at all. 3 maps total and one is just a CTF port. Pfft.

Comment

DE made most of the UT2K3 maps too. They're all basically done by the same people regardless of who they work for at any particular time. I'm not sure where Epic comes in on the development process but it's looking increasingly like they're playing more of a "producer" role in the game design process.

Comment

Whatever works I am happy with. They can have the grinch developing maps for me as long as he puts out quality work.

Comment

Re: Why didnt Epic make any maps for UT2004?

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
              I just browsed through every single new map in UnrealED and looked at the designer name

I saw no Epic names there at all, all of the maps were done by DE or contractors

Is this one of the reasons why the UT2004 maps are a lot better than UT2003?
              I'm not totally sure but I think Epic done like the AI, the vehicles, the actuall game engine and i think some maps.......but i'm not sure

Comment

I made maps for Epic but I was an onsite contractor.

Alan made an ONS map and I think Joe Made a CTF map.

Yep you guys are right most of the maps were done by contractors from this same community, people you have seen around all the time.

Willhaven is now an Epic employee aswell as Stu_man (Who did all the bug fixing of all DM,CTF,BR,and DOM) So go ahead and thank this guy Stu_man for being the most dedicated map designer in the UT2k4 project! He took many and I do mean many of the horrid bugs of UT2k4 DM,CTF,BR,DOM maps away so those maps would be as fun as possible for all you guys.

Comment

Yup Stu is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiRaene
                    I am just sad about the BR maps. No love there at all. 3 maps total and one is just a CTF port. Pfft.
                    Nope, all the maps for BR and CTF were ported to CTF, and were originally BR maps

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado#2/Rog
                      I made maps for Epic but I was an onsite contractor.

Alan made an ONS map and I think Joe Made a CTF map.

Yep you guys are right most of the maps were done by contractors from this same community, people you have seen around all the time.

Willhaven is now an Epic employee aswell as Stu_man (Who did all the bug fixing of all DM,CTF,BR,and DOM) So go ahead and thank this guy Stu_man for being the most dedicated map designer in the UT2k4 project! He took many and I do mean many of the horrid bugs of UT2k4 DM,CTF,BR,DOM maps away so those maps would be as fun as possible for all you guys.
                      ahh, awsome news, I take it that Inoxx, Epicboy and co are working on a UnrealEngine3 based game then

I saw a few names i know who posts on the user and mod section board, I think they have done a great job with the maps in UT2004.

I was pretty surpised that CliffyB didnt make any maps at all in UT2004, does this mean that there wont be a Epic Bonus Pack if they have stopped mapping for UnrealEngine2 or?

Comment

map making is a group project. while cliffy may not have "made" any of them, im sure he had a hand and an eye in them, at least. criticism often improves the final product.

btw, the new maps blew me away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehed316
                          map making is a group project. while cliffy may not have "made" any of them, im sure he had a hand and an eye in them, at least. criticism often improves the final product.

btw, the new maps blew me away.
                          Your right in that

Cliff gave us all loads of crits to make the maps end up in this quality

Comment

Desp, just have one small bone to pick with you.

See this thing?

In the 3D world it's referred to as the "origin". When you make meshes, you make them at this "origin" place so they're easy to position and rotate, not to mention easier to FREAKING FIND THEM IN THE MESH BROWSER. Contrary to popular opinion, the "origin" is NOT at (234,21,115) nor is it anywhere near (1516,2871,529). Its actual location can be found at (0,0,0). Thank you.

Comment

Yes AM I know the origin I am just lazy when I did that.

Comment

Working...
                              X