EPIC: please fix the sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPIC: please fix the sniper rifle

For some reason, its VERY slow to switch from sniper rifle to another weapon after its been fired. For example the LG has a slower rate-of-fire, but its still much faster to go from LG to another weapon than it is to go from sniper to another weapon.

The problem is, I like the sniper more in other ways, and some maps do have sniper rifle only (like Deck17). So I hope Epic fixes this bug(?) in the first patch. It simply makes no sense to have the sniper behave like it does, when it has higher ROF and do less damage compared to the LG.

Unless this is solved, we have to play all competitions with the LG mutator, which would be a pity.

You are not sarah michelle gellar

Comment

features aint bugs

Comment

Well, the slow switching is The Right Thing (tm), so you better get used to it.

Comment

If you are playing a tourny with default maps, and one offers the LG, and the other offers the sniper, then ya gotta go with default.

Hows that for having to learn to adjust.

And on the other hand, people argued with the features for over a year for UT2k3. So how bout this, features can suck.

Get rid of the smoke.

Comment

Re: EPIC: please fix the sniper rifle

Originally posted by Buffy Summers
            Unless this is solved, we have to play all competitions with the LG mutator, which would be a pity.
            And this is bad how ?
            The mutator-which-shall-not-be-mentioned was accepted by leagues, so why couldn't a littel sniper-mutator be accepted as well ...

Besides : it's Unreal ... mutating the game is what it's made for if you can't handle the default game like the developers intended.

Comment

ITS NOT A BUG.
              It's called gameplay, if it had an uber fast switch time, it would be too strong.
              leave it alone!

Comment

I think most people would prefer the ut sniper.

It owned deck.

This version wo'nt get used.

Comment

imo i love the sniper rifle on both games

Comment

It makes me laugh how arrogant some of these people are "deciding" that the sniper should be changed. Can you write the change yourself? I wouldnt expect so, this is a new game, you dont like the way it is then dont play, go back to ut and stop trying to get what most other people think is fine changed

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                      ITS NOT A BUG.
                      It's called gameplay, if it had an uber fast switch time, it would be too strong.
                      leave it alone!
                      Well, the weapon switch is slow as it is for the other weapons. Why should it be extra slow for the sniper rifle? Its not like that weapon does more damage compared to the lightning gun.

From some of your responses, I doubt you have even discovered this, but here is an experiment you can do:
                      1. Use lightning gun, fire, switch fast to another weapon and fire that.
                      2. Use sniper, fire, switch fast to another weapon and fire that.

1 above is much faster than 2. Now if sniper rifle had lower rate-of-fire, this would be logical. But the sniper rifle has higher rate-of-fire than the lightning gun, which makes me think this is a bug, or at the very least a strangly designed feature.

Also, this alone makes the lightning gun much much better than the sniper gun, and since the lightning gun is balanced with or against the other normal DM weapons, the end result is simply that the sniper is to weak.

Comment

Indeed, same switch time for sniper as it is for lightning gun... Agreed.

Z.

Comment

I believe it takes the same amount of time to switch from a weapon you've jsut fired as it does to reload the weapon.

It's a good feature IMO.

Athon Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Athon
                            I believe it takes the same amount of time to switch from a weapon you've jsut fired as it does to reload the weapon.

It's a good feature IMO.

Athon Solo
                            Yes, that was the idea I thought. But if thats the case, how come its faster to switch form LG than from SR, despite the fact that SR has a higher rate-of-fire?

This is precisely the point of this thread: the weapon switch time for SR seems buggy.

Comment

it is a FEATURE. Epic worked as hard as they could to balance this game, and that is why it has a slower switch time. If the LG fires slower, then it would seem that to balance that, they would make it switch faster. If the SR fires faster, then it seems they would make it switch slower to balance that.

Comment

Working...
                              X