give these guys a break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give these guys a break

I remember for weeks and even months before UT2K4 came out, everybody was complaining about the date being pushed back and that they needed to hurry up and release it. Now it's released and I see people everywhere complaining about this bug and that bug and how they shouldn't have released it without testing everything more. Come on now, just give them a break. They worked hard on this and everybody was rushing them to get finished as soon as possible. If you are going to complain because there's a bug here and there (which, by the way, I've found none and see no problems at all with the game), then don't keep telling them to hurry up and finish it.

p.s. flamers need not reply

application sent....................flame

Comment

you cant please everyone.

thats how it goes with video game developing..

regardless, the only bug thats have made me grumble, is the one where you cant switch weapons at all. luckily, it's only happened once or twice in many many many hours of play and it sort of fixes itself after awhile anyways.

aside from that, i havent experienced any bugs that were causing the game to stop/not work/annoy me.

most of the, "my game froze/ i have a black screen/ something is broke, fix it Atari" complaints are user error :P

Comment

I agree man, Epic worked their asses off to get this game out, and now everyones crying about some minor bug or another. Every game will have some bugs, but that doesnt stop it from being a great game (look at KOTOR). So just chill guys, and if the bugs bother you that much, then you can just wait for a patch.

Although, do point out unknown bugs, so they can be fixed

EDIT: Oh jynxy I got that bug on ONS once, kinda ****** me off cuz I had to quit, and I was playing with a cool guy on that server.

Comment

Originally posted by disturbedc0w
          I agree man, Epic worked their asses off to get this game out, and now everyones crying about some minor bug or another. Every game will have some bugs, but that doesnt stop it from being a great game (look at KOTOR). So just chill guys, and if the bugs bother you that much, then you can just wait for a patch.

Minor bug? The SE DVD version will not complete the install process... That is not a minor bug. :down:

The one time it actually started to load it failed and told me the disk was dirty.... I will never pre-order another game From Epic that is published by Atari.

Comment

I had no problems at all with it :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by ImJacksAmygdala
              Minor bug? The SE DVD version will not complete the install process... That is not a minor bug. :down:

The one time it actually started to load it failed and told me the disk was dirty.... I will never pre-order another game From Epic that is published by Atari.
              Well ok, I'll admit thats kinda bad, but I'm talking about people *****ing about things like "TEH SNIPER RIFLE IS TOO QUIET!!"

And SE installed fine on my system so....

Comment

I'd like thank Epic/DE deeply for such a kickass product.

And there's so many news SMs that I'll make use of in Hackerz (re-skinning them no doubt)

Thanks guys!:up:

Comment

The whole community is spoiled rotten.

We get treated to some of the best AAA games in the industry. As a result, our expectations are on a completely different level than most communities are. We demand nothing less than perfection because we know Epic (and DE, etc) can do it.

I don't really see a problem with that, honestly. Yeah, we ***** a LOT. But only because we're all so passionate about the game. I'd like to believe that the dev team (and all supporting teams, for that matter) has enough sense to know not to take all the screaming and crying at face value. They should know that they are industry leaders - industry ******* revolutionaries - who have a VERY big community that does, infact, love them very, very much.

Perhaps we just need to remind them of that a little more often.

Comment

Originally posted by ImJacksAmygdala

Most of the DVD problems I've experienced have been hardware related. My friend had to buy a new DVD ROM because his was some old Creative 6x crapfest DVD ROM that he got many years ago and it wouldn't install the game. We went down to CompUSA and bought a 16x Lite-On for about $20 and it worked perfectly.

Granted I have had problems with DVDs before but they've mainly been ones that have come with magazines and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by disturbedc0w

Quite.. people say we shouldn't mention bugs or say things we feel could be improved or changed for the better, then those same people say wait for a patch.. well the latter won't happen without the former.

Comment

im gonna have to rant a little and say the people with "bugs" are probably people with ancient ****ty hardware or strange configs like a pentium 733 with RAMBUS and a Parhelia graphics card running on Windows ME.

Comment

I think Epic and DE made a quality product with UT 2004. I have the SE version and didnt run into any problems with installation or running the game. Lots of levels and models, a headset(which I saw for 40 bucks at Best Buy) and an extra DVD with tutorials for 50 bucks Canadian is a sweet deal. Also its an awesome game, I think the developers deserve a nice long rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry1978
                            im gonna have to rant a little and say the people with "bugs" are probably people with ancient ****ty hardware or strange configs like a pentium 733 with RAMBUS and a Parhelia graphics card running on Windows ME.
                            I'm gonna have to tell you you're wrong then and you presumably haven't read the many threads and posts on such subjects as the too-quiet sound - yes, from people with good sound cards and speaker systems.

Comment

Originally posted by colamann1
                              application sent....................flame

:haha:

what are you the forum police or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X