UT-Files.com relaunched soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT-Files.com relaunched soon!

Skillz will revive the UT-Files.com soon.

PS: Do NOT read and 'reply with quote' the rest of the posts below! Site will coming back!

Oh, that's [sad] nice indeed. I used to get files from this site that were missing in other mod packages... was really useful at times.

Comment

well, i saw this one coming at least...
      skincity, map-factory, that other site i forgot the name of, gamefront's new policies, now this
      utzone, mapraider and unrealplayground are the only left
      i guess it's time to just let it all go

Comment

R.i.p <3

Comment

Well that sucks. UT-Files was also one of the main free redirect services too, so a lot of admins are going to have to switch.

Comment

you can easily create a redirect on your own pc

Comment

yes you can but it will be slow since the upload on the home pc will be low
              theres alot of free sites that you can use as redirect
              Originally posted by UnShame View Post
              you can easily create a redirect on your own pc

Comment

with a decent upload speed it won't be a problem
                but it's possible to just use dropbox... i think

Comment

DSL users like myself or other people with slow/bad connections can't use their home internet for servers or redirects. If you're going to pay for a 24-hour-a-day server on a service like Gameservers, it makes little sense to host the redirect from your home pc anyway. File hosting services like dropbox simply cannot work as redirect. When you download a file, you have to click on links; redirects have to be a plain directory.

Comment

i just tried setting up a redirect server on dropbox, it works just fine
                    i created a folder named Redirect in my dropbox, put a compressed file there and got the link to it
                    [shot]http://iceimg.com/i/a7/24/b9b75fd603.jpg[/shot]
                    [shot]http://iceimg.com/i/28/7d/df783e9f5a.jpg[/shot]

i pasted the link without the filename to the ut2004.ini and set port to none

then i started up a server with that map and tried joining it using another ut2004 client i set up in a different folder
                    here's what i get without the redirect

and now with the redirect

as you can see it works

Comment

it may work but once dropbox sees the traffic increase they will shut the account down

Comment

I may be able to help. I have plenty of Hard Drive space and Bandwidth to boot. I have three servers and each has unmetered 100mbps and hard drive space available.

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                          i guess it's time to just let it all go
                          no, no and no.

Originally posted by Sgt.Muffin View Post
                          I may be able to help. I have plenty of Hard Drive space and Bandwidth to boot. I have three servers and each has unmetered 100mbps and hard drive space available.
                          yep, we are also here to provide space and traffic (2x 100mbps)

Comment

Originally posted by Donzi View Post
                            no, no and no.

yep, we are also here to provide space and traffic (2x 100mbps)
                            Would be great to keep the servers and UT up guys, I'm trying to create something here finally, and I'll never leave it but without you people it will be a lot harder.

Comment

I have a redirect for my server and steamgroup on my PC (715 members as of today) but it doesn't work as good as the older free redirects I used to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X