Demorec Commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demorec Commands?

I know I can make a UT2K4 movie file by typing in demorec "insert name", but how do I play the movie back in a third person view or spectator view?

I did a search and found demoplay "insert name"?3rdperson, but this doesnt seem to work...

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advanced.

Well this is just a guess cuz they havent realeased ut2k4 in new zealand :sour: :down:

but have u tried behindview 1 in the console

Comment

type "behidview 1" in the console and 0 for 1st.

Comment

If you left-click while watching the demo, you toggle from player to player, and then eventually you get spectator mode.

behindview 1 = Third Person
        behindview 0 = First Person

Comment

Yay wat a guess

Comment

but how do u see ur weapon when playing demo back, i mean i can't see the weapon i was using when i played

Comment

Originally posted by AnnonKaiesZi
              If you left-click while watching the demo, you toggle from player to player, and then eventually you get spectator mode.

behindview 1 = Third Person
              behindview 0 = First Person
              or you can just hit F4 =)

Comment

Originally posted by o_ICEMAN_o
                or you can just hit F4 =)
                Got mine binded to P. =)

Comment

Erhm, how do I set it so I can fly round in free specator while playing one of my demos?

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie
                    Erhm, how do I set it so I can fly round in free specator while playing one of my demos?
                    You can only do this if you were the host of this game.
                    Server side demo's can spectate anyone and allow free vew.
                    Client side demo's can only view the person who recorded it in 1st/3rd person view.

Comment

Actually Free View is in :up: (yes on clientside, dunno if it works when recording Online tho)

Primary Fire toggles Player view and Free view.

Secondary Fire toggles 1st and 3rd view.

Esc gives you a drop down menu with Stop, Pause and FF (1x2x4x8x)

This from Enigma
                      Find [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section and there will be two entries:
                      NetServerMaxTickRate=30
                      LanServerMaxTickRate=30

changing each of these to 60 instead of 30 will up the fps in demo playback but make demos larger in size (but not inhibitively so).

Awesome Epic :up:

Only thing i miss is a delete button where Watch Demo is and a choice for Auto Demorec.

Comment

I would like an option at the end that makes the game asks if I want to keep the demo or not. With autorec, you always end up with hundreds of worthless demos. And without autorec you end up not recording that game where you did those spectacular frags.

So my suggestion is autorec + "Do you want to keep the demo?" question after the game.

Comment

^ Thats quite a good idea though [flame]maybe something for ttm 2k4?[/flame]

Comment

Originally posted by Buffy Summers
                            I would like an option at the end that makes the game asks if I want to keep the demo or not. With autorec, you always end up with hundreds of worthless demos. And without autorec you end up not recording that game where you did those spectacular frags.

So my suggestion is autorec + "Do you want to keep the demo?" question after the game.
                            VERY nice idea there :up:

Comment

Working...
                            X