No announcement yet.

UT2004's headset, other headset discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does everybody want those USB headsets? A few people asked about them and the only benefit is that you do not need a sound card(Nor a free sound-port ofcourse)

Comment

I like the headset design, but it doesn't work as far as I can tell. In the demo when I used my webcam mic, I saw a little gain indicator on my screen whenever I pressed F and the mic comms were open. Now I don't see this indicator upon pressing F, all I hear is the environment sound decrease slightly like it should. I have the plugs in the right way and am wondering if perhaps it may be a faulty mic. Any hints? I mean I can't be so stupid that I can't tell that a black plug goes into a black input and pink with pink ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty][Hotty
        I think the headset is great :up:
        ditto dude i love it its sleek and nice

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy
          PS. for everyone who just got hte new headset....please please please! don't use your speakers instead of the headset for audio, and then speak with the mic! It's just annoying that when someone speaks I can hear the game's music and soundfx echoing over.

Funny, my sound mutes when i use the mic.....

Comment

This is kind of a sad question...

Is it possible to use the headset the socom came with? it's usb...

Comment

I like the headset, its look cool and the way the mic is like a snake light is awesome. It also doesn't put pressure on my healing industrial piercing which is great.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Spectracide
                not adjustable
                one size does not fit all
                No complaints here, fits me.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PsYkiK
                  Any hints? I mean I can't be so stupid that I can't tell that a black plug goes into a black input and pink with pink ya know?
                  Did you enable it in the options?
                  It sounds simple, but the devil is in the details, right?

Comment

/rant for those who wanted superior quality headsets

FFS, I wanted the latest video card packaged with my SE editon! I mean what am I paying for! What were they thinking packaging these sad headphones in!

/rant

Maybe for the folks who've never owned a microphone this makes for a great addition. Maybe not for the one who has already decked out their media machine for 5.1 surround sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PsYkiK
                      stuff
                      I had the exact same problem.
                      I don't know what is was that fixed it though sorry.

Have you tried turning up the mic volume? ( )
                      Tried training the mic to recognise your voice?
                      Start - Settings - Control Panel - Speech - Train Profile

Comment

My headset does not even work. :down:

I pre ordered from EB online so i'm not going to go through all the trouble of trying to return it and get a new one.

Besides, its not even usb. Analog is garbage. I like my socom logitech usb headset 10x better!

Comment

Originally posted by DKoneII
                          My headset does not even work. :down:

I pre ordered from EB online so i'm not going to go through all the trouble of trying to return it and get a new one.

Besides, its not even usb. Analog is garbage. I like my socom logitech usb headset 10x better!
                          Then use it.

Comment

Don't they have adaptors to turn analog headsets into USB ones?

Comment

I put the headset around my neck, and angled the mic so it's near my mouth, and just put my old headphones back on. The sound quality is MUCH better on my old ones, considering they're the "closed cushion" type, made by Koss.

Comment

Originally posted by Klisk
                                Don't they have adaptors to turn analog headsets into USB ones?
                                Yeah I think you'll find it's called an external sound card like this http://www.creative.com/products/pro...sp?prodid=9103

Anyone find a cheaper one that sounds as good as a first series audigy and has no major bugs them lemme know.

Comment

Working...
                                X