UT2004's headset, other headset discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004's headset, other headset discussion

Well I have SE, and I must say I was very dissapointed with the headset. The mic quality as well as the sound quality is quite poor. I'am comparing this to my previous Plantronics .Audio60 Stereo NC Lightweight Headset

[http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...=&newdeptid=18]

Well I would use my old headset but one of the ear speakers is gone, I'am sure its just a loose connection. Do you guys know anywhere I can get it fixed or will microsoft do anything to fix it?

Thanks.

Mmm...I do hope you realise that the headset is called the 'Internet Chat Headset' and not the 'Oh so cool better than your $100+ headsets you already own' right?

I'm looking forward to getting it simply because I don't have a headset and plan on using it simply for voice...As that is what its primary purpose is. My soundcard will allow me to have my speakers plugged in aswell. Sweet deal.

I think it's a great idea throwing in a headset. I think it's obviously aimed at people who don't have them. It's not like they are really costing anything are they?

Comment

Having not had a headset before the one that came with the SE version I can't complain. It sounds just about like I would expect a piece of cheap *** plastic to sound. The mic isn't that bad but the headphones could use an upgrade.

Comment

It was certainly nice of Epic/Atari to include a headset/mic with the SE, though I'll still be using my Plantronics .Audio 90 headset/mic instead.

Comment

Originally posted by nme
          Mmm...I do hope you realise that the headset is called the 'Internet Chat Headset' and not the 'Oh so cool better than your $100+ headsets you already own' right?

I'm looking forward to getting it simply because I don't have a headset and plan on using it simply for voice...As that is what its primary purpose is. My soundcard will allow me to have my speakers plugged in aswell. Sweet deal.

I think it's a great idea throwing in a headset. I think it's obviously aimed at people who don't have them. It's not like they are really costing anything are they?
          2 things

1. I posted the URL so you can see my headset is 30 bucks CAD.

2. The mic quality on the logitech is very poor and not ideal for voice communication. My headset was wonderful for this, but unfortunately one of my ear pieces is gone on it.

Comment

odd. maybe its the way its hooked up by my free SE headset sounds almost as good as my Surround sound if i put my surround sound in stereo.

i was quite impressed with what it sounds like for being free. clear, no fizzle in it. and im told the mic sounds clear as hell in game. *shrug*

im sure we'd all of rather a top of the line one come free. but hell. i think it sounds quite decent for what it is.

Comment

not adjustable
              one size does not fit all

Comment

Originally posted by Bananko
                      It was certainly nice of Epic/Atari to include a headset/mic with the SE, though I'll still be using my Plantronics .Audio 90 headset/mic instead.

hey I have that headset too! I've had mine for over a year now and it's hands down the best headset I've ever had. Good voice quality and audio quality...my only complaint is that after wearing it for a couple hours I kinda get a headache slightly....or that may be from staring at a screen for those hours too...who knows.

PS. for everyone who just got hte new headset....please please please! don't use your speakers instead of the headset for audio, and then speak with the mic! It's just annoying that when someone speaks I can hear the game's music and soundfx echoing over.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectracide
                  not adjustable

too loose or too small? heehe

it does have extra slack behind the head which bothers me when i turn my head. but cuz it wraps around the ear it stays on just fine still.

Comment

No complaints here? And for those who try to wear it like a regular headset, quit being a dumbass. These are made to wear around the BACK of your head around your neck.

They look nice and they work good for me. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Spectracide
                      not adjustable
                      How does the mic sound without it being too near to your mouth? I thought that would be ok because it would miss the 'p's and 's's.

Or is it just generally uncomfortable?

Comment

Anyone know where I can get my plantronics fixed?

Comment

I just noticed that sound is not too bad.

But the mic sound is just terrible. Try recording yourself its so **** faint. And I have it set up correctly, trust.

Comment

If it is just a loose connection, take it apart and re solder all the connections.

The headset is a free giveaway in a game box that doesn't cost any more than the version without the **** thing.

I find this to be the best headset in this price range. Comparing this to one that retails for 3 or 4 times more is just stupid. I was expecting some piece of junk that would sit in a drawer. This is a quality headset for the price: FREE!!!! What the hell were you expecting? top of the line Sennheiser or something I suppose?

Comment

I think the headset is great :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X