I'm doing a Oral Report on "DO Video-games cause you to be more violent?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing a Oral Report on "DO Video-games cause you to be more violent?"

IN my psychology class we each have to do a 15 minute oral presentation on a subject related to psychology, and I chose:
    "Do video-games cause you to be more violent?"

I'd appreciate you guys input, it's sorta like a survey.

If you want to particiapate please give me 3 thing:

1) age (we have to group them by age) and name(optional)
    2) If you agree or not with the statement
    3) Valid reason(s) why or why not.

Thanks 4 ur help:up:

- (_)/\/|>|2+4|<|2

1) 26
    2) I do not
    3) As said by someone else "If computer games influenced me like that then I would of spent my childhood sitting in a dark room popping pills, thinking I was being chased by ghosts"

Now I will BASH ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME!

Comment

When you do your talk, SHOUT every word of it in an agressive tone! lol

NO!
      COS I SPEND ALL MY TIME THINKING ABOUT KILLING (small animals) ANYWAY.

Comment

How can we agree (or not) with a question?

Comment

Yes video games make me more violent. I feel like spreading the blood of the innocent after a good ons match.

Comment

Originally posted by FOZZI
            When you do your talk, SHOUT every word of it in an agressive tone! lol
            and do a boost dodge into the audience.

agree: NO!
            why: i'm in touch with my emotional life - **** IT! :up:

Comment

1)30
              2)Not unless you're imature
              3)I think computers in general cause you to become more introverted.

Comment

NO
                I am a pacifist. I have played violent video games as long as I can remember and have only become more peaceful over the years.

Comment

1) I'm 32

2) No I don't believe video games make me more likely to be violent in real life. Except for when I die alot cause of lag and start bashing my keyboard with my forehead and smash my stupid lagging mouse (it has to be lagging, cause it can't possibly be my lack of uber leet skilz that keeps getting me killed ) against the monitor repeatedly.

3) I suppose the games don't make me more likely to become violent. It's just my frustration that causes it. :bulb:

Comment

Youngsters 14 and under should not play violent games. Ages 15 -17 should have a parent present to slap them in the back of the head if they get out of hand. 18 and over, they should know what's up. Just my thoughts.

Me personally? As an adult, I know the difference between fanatsy and reality. It's a game, and a great game to blow off steam at the end of a hard days work. :up:

Comment

1: 19 years
                      2: Nah
                      3:

Imo it all depends on your personality, I mean if u are an redhead in real life, and got problems, depresive etc, you shouldnt play serious computer games, but for the most people with a common sence, (adults ) IMO games dont cause anger or violence at all

I mean when i was i like 14y's old, i thought i was GOD Online and i could flame everyone one that i disliked, once you get older u 'grow up' and start to respect things online, I mean go and face a 13,14y old kid online :S real fun

Comment

Double take!

For a moment I thought you'd written;

"I'm doing Oral" :haha:

Comment

1) 21
                          2) No I don’t. I think that's a load of ****.
                          3) I’ve been playing violent games since I was 10, and I’m not a violent person. Same thing goes for movies too. Watching R movies doesn’t make you violent either. When kids are violent, people have to put the blame on something, so they pick video games

Comment

1) 16, Chris Mitchell
                            2)In a way yes, but in another way no.
                            3)They can make me violent, I just want to flip out and break something, like my computer or mouse if I'm becoming frustrated like now with the single player mode on ut2k4, it's getting harder. I don't go out and snipe people from atop of a rock ledge or go and go take a shotgun on highway and shoot cars because I was just playing GTA3/vice city.

Comment

1) 16
                              2) No
                              3) If anything it vents anger. I would imagine someone would rather beat the **** outta a virtual character than in real life...well...unless he steals your girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                              X