• Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Unreal Tournament 2004!

Happy Birthday! Yay! Party Time!

Ps. Just a quick reminder of what it looks like

http://youtu.be/670dT9cuAzI

Nice video.

Comment

Great video! This is one of the best, varied, and most versatile games ever created.

Comment

Very nice video Long live UT !!!

Comment

I got UT2004 pre-ordered and picked it up on March 15, 2004.
          I have been playing and mapping ever since,
          and have played many games since,
          always seem to come back to this game.

I was hoping within the next year to finish up some of my projects, even some of my old ones.
          Does anyone have any ut2004 projects they never finished?
          Anyways, it may seem I may never be able to get away from this game, it is way too cool.

Comment

Voted aximon for CEO. :P

I'm of the 2007 generation of UT2004.

Comment

@ aximon: Nice to see that your video is getting some attention from the other UT related sites!

@ Parkis G: I had a Goldeneye64 remake going for a while (most of the weapon models were all done along with the HUD, but didn't get around to finishing the player models or all of the multiplayer maps), and also a test Metal Gear Solid style mod (complete with the weapons, camera views, a test map, some of the normal enemies AI and player models, and the basic HUD/Inventory selection mechanism). This engine is just so darn versatile for FPS type games. The only other thing I wish the engine had was the capability to swap out a level's lightmaps at run-time (so that darkmatch games did not require custom maps), and maybe some of the newer features for animation trees (that being said the skeletal animation blending/channel system currently available is one of the most useful features ever!)

Comment

Those are some beautiful vistas in that video. Sometimes I think I love UT2004 more for the beautiful worlds we can wander in than for the gameplay itself.

Comment

Hello Forum,

I played UT since the first days in LAN and via 56k modems, but 2004 was really the best Unreal Tournament ever made. I loved playing CTF and DOM and even Bombing Run was some fun. Sad that only CTF survived in UT3. I really hope that we will get an remake of UT2004 with a native linux client and those gamemodes back, in the old EPIC manier.

Comment

Happy 10th Birthday! Woohoo!

Comment

heh yes one of bests games ever created and thanks also to its huge modding community.

Comment

10 years and counting <3

Comment

Happy 10th UT2004, it's been great. My how time flies. There's still mods to be made for this game. I hope the community can still venture on, the game has proven to be a winner.

Comment

Happy 10th!!! It seems like just yesterday we were wishing the same to the original UT.

Comment

Happy Birthday to you!
                              Happy Birthday to you!

Let's celebrate 10 years of UT2004!

Comment

Working...
                              X