Will VTMs be available for download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will VTMs be available for download?

Does anyone out there know if the VTMs from the special edition UT2K4 will be available for download later on?
    Anyone from Epic/DE/Atari know?

I know, and Epic, DE, and Atari know too.
    They won't be available for download.
    At least not legally, and I think the 3D Buzz crew deserves to get their product bought, not warezed.

Comment

i dont think so...

i didnt pay $46 just for a game did i? lolz....im so stupid....

i got a game, bonus dvd full of tutorials, headset, and most importantly, CAR EMBLEM!!!!?!?!11shift+11!

Comment

Many -- perhaps most -- of them are already available for download at www.masteringunreal.com, specifically, here.

The only catch is that you need to earn a "star" before you can download all of the videos. To earn a star you need to remain "active" in the 3D Buzz community for some time. Without a star, I think you can download the first video in each "issue." :up:

This is only a recent change in the way it worked. If you visited just a couple months ago you could've downloaded many of the videos that came on the DVD and quite a few others right away. *shrug* I believe it was a necessary change for the sake of bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Go&nd
          Many -- perhaps most -- of them are already available for download at www.masteringunreal.com, specifically, here.

Nope not most of them very little actually most of the content is new, i'd say maybe 80-85% of the content on the SE tutorial cd is all new

Comment

Originally posted by iLLiCiT1
            Nope not most of them very little actually most of the content is new, i'd say maybe 80-85% of the content on the SE tutorial cd is all new
            Id say closer to 90-95%. The only things on the SE and 3DBuzz.com are the first Level Design 101 VTM, and the first Static Mesh Design. And Buzz has said numerous times on his site that the SE VTM's will not be available for download anywhere.

Comment

VTMs are a free download

The 3DBuzz VTMs are a free download. However, you must do somethings to receive download privleges.

A - Become a sponsor member by paying $35 per month. You then receie unlimited downlaods of ALL of 3DBuzz's VTMs. You can even cancel the sponsrship after the first month.

B - Become a member with a "star".
              Atfer you join 3DBuzz for free, you must actively use the site until the admins approve you with a "star."

Either way, 3DBuzz is a great site for any type of graphics trainning!

Comment

Don't forget the original Matinee, UT99 weapon modelling, Karma, Character modelling and the first UnrealScript VTM's or on the DVD too.

Comment

You can download them, just sign up to the 3dbuzz site (FOR FREE) and then download.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^

NO u cannot. 3dbuzz doesnt have 95% of what's on that dvd, nor will they ever. i dont understand why people dont get that.

Comment

Originally posted by .InSanE.
                      You can download them, just sign up to the 3dbuzz site (FOR FREE) and then download.
                      Sorry but no its not like that anymore you have to be active in the community to get a "star" lol to get access to all the downloads without a star you can only download the first video in each series to give you an idea of what there like.

Comment

Hehe. Well, as I browse my bonus DVD, I realize that it would be inaccurate to say "most" content is available from 3D Buzz already. I apologize.

But there's a heck of a lot more than just the Level Design 101 and Intro to Static Meshes VTMs available for download. I just hopped over there and counted 57 different UT2K3/4 lessons covering 7 different areas of study.

And that doesn't include the dozens of hours worth of 3D Studio Max tutorials that do NOT come with the DVD!

I'm not trying to discredit the DVD -- I think it's great. But if someone's feeling left out because they don't have the DVD SE version of the game, there's more than enough material for them to study over at 3D Buzz. Also, if you prefer 3D Studio Max for designing Static Meshes for your maps, you're outta luck with the DVD tutorials.

Frankly, I seriously doubt many people with the DVD will actually study more than what's available at 3D Buzz. That's several dozen hours of difficult material there. I suspect most ambitions are greater than capabilites.

Comment

I have been using 3ds max for 3 years now. Are you telling me that the free stuff on the 3DBuzz site is better for me?

If so, I don't want the head set AND I don't need to seeing the making of UT2K4. So why should I even want the special edition?

Comment

Working...
                          X