Are we to critical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we to critical?

Do you think that we can be to critical of problems in games? The developers spend an enormous amount of time and energy creating these games in short periods of time and we seem to rip them apart and complain about everything. We should take into consideration that they try to get as much done as possible and still get an improved game out in a year. I am not trying to get on a soap box but I was just thinking about this and was wondering if I was the only one.

As FPS games have evolved, gamers have become more and more jaded.

It used to be everybody was just amazed at what the developer had done. Now everybody's an armchair game designer, and "knows" exactly what the developers did wrong, and isn't afraid to ***** about it in the rudest possible way.

Internet forums really facilitate this kind of ********, because juvenile ****** are free to act with impunity in ways that would get their asses beaten in real life.

If I were a developer, I'd probably be a lot less civil that the devs here when responding to kind of petulant, snotty whining that comes from some "fans" here.

In fact, I'd probably have an autoresponder that just posted "Please go take a flying **** at a rolling donut." to everyone who used the word "sucks" in relation to my work.

/me waits for the "But I spent forty bucks so I'm entitled to be a raging ********!" responses.

Comment

LOL and you would sell a lot of games too I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by sheki
        LOL and you would sell a lot of games too I bet.
        Are you telling me my game "Buy This Game You Moronic Little Ingrates" wouldn't be a smash hit?

OMG U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAMES!!@! PLZ FIX FUKR!!!

Comment

Until you are in a position to create something comparable or make the changes you want yourself you should either shut up and play or dont buy the game. No point playin it if you dont like it, constructive comments are one thing but sayin that things suck when you cant do any better yourself is wrong

Comment

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism IMO. Not everyone is going to just "love" the game straight out of the box...

Comment

I don't think this is about constructive critisism, because I think most people think that is a good way to make a good game even better. It's about all the whining.... this and that sucks, bla bla bla.

Comment

speaking of critical....there should be another "o" on the to in your title.
                I voted yes
                :up:

Comment

It's important to be critical (but not harsh) about a game so that the developers know how to better the next game. Otherwise games wouldn't progress in quality.

Comment

its hard to make a good game. its imposible to make a perfect game. ut2004 is as close to a perfect game as i have ever seen, everyone has there own idea what a perfect game is.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer.Blunt
                      speaking of critical....there should be another "o" on the to in your title.
                      I voted yes
                      :up:
                      I was debating that. Thanks. I typed the title 5 times and I finally just gave up.

Comment

I agree. Voicing complaints/suggestions will help developers know what the gamers want. I guess sometimes a few individuals might go too far and just annoy people instead of giving constructive comments, but the majority of people don't do that as far as I know.

Comment

you can't be too critical. although you always should come up with a better solution to support your arguments. every game has its flaws and bits, and this is a platform to discuss it. I dont speak about whining and *****ing on a bad attidude which is just lame.

remember half the epic employas are from the community that made the game. why should'nt they be thankful for every constructive feedback that pops out? I'm sure they have hell of fun reading forums and can stand above the .... comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleuchamp
                            I don't think this is about constructive critisism, because I think most people think that is a good way to make a good game even better. It's about all the whining.... this and that sucks, bla bla bla.
                            My point exactly! I think that constuctive critisism is needed to help improve the game, but there is a lot of complaining, whining, and bashing that is going on and I do not think that it is fair to the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM@N
                              My point exactly! I think that constuctive critisism is needed to help improve the game, but there is a lot of complaining, whining, and bashing that is going on and I do not think that it is fair to the developers.
                              yup, constructive is definately the key word

Comment

Working...
                              X