Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using both Speakers and the logi. headset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using both Speakers and the logi. headset?

I have the headset plugged in the back of my computer...but my speakers are plugged in also
    is there a way I can press a button or click an option to let me switch to speakers so i dont gotta crawl under the desk and unplug the headsets every time i get done playing?

Plug the headphones into your rear speaker slot, and set Windows to Quadraphonic Speakers, and set the ingame sound to 3D Software. It's what I do

Comment

Originally posted by MetalSonic
      Plug the headphones into your rear speaker slot, and set Windows to Quadraphonic Speakers, and set the ingame sound to 3D Software. It's what I do
      Hmmm, could you expand on that MetalSonic? I have a Creative Audigy card, and honestly have never done anything more with a sound card than plug in the speakers. Certainly nothing with 3D sound and multiple speaker setups

I took a look at my jacks, and the one my speakers are plugged into have the common "line in" icon, with a 1 by it, and there's another than has the same icon, with a 2 by it. If I understand what you said correctly, I would leave my main speakers plugged into 1, and plug the headphones into 2, and then do the quad speaker thing?

Sounds like a pretty sweet idea though. Thanks for any help.

-Grifter

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=356531
        =)

Comment

My digifire 7.1 has a plug I'm not currently using (since I only run 5.1 speakers) and its perfectly designed that it doubles as a headphone plug. I plug it in, tell my digifire I'm using a headset, and wala, mutes the speakers and plays though the headset. Takes 10 seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X