Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari Technical Support NIGHTMARE (read this before you buy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari Technical Support NIGHTMARE (read this before you buy)

My game won't load.... the splash screen comes up and then goes away.... and nothing.

So I start by going to the message boards. (people suggest its a copy protection issue)

Then I email Epic Games (they think it's a copy protection issues. They suggest a no-cd-hack will fix it.... but then say I really shouldn't do that... call atari tech support instead)

Then I call Atari Tech (this is where it gets fun)

They lead me through useless junk like installing 10 different versions of video drivers and telling me I have to disable my USB headphones...(I'm keeping this short because I'd go insane if I tried to tell you everything he had me try)

Then they tell me it may be something else, so I have to go through the list of "MICROSOFT APPROVED" processes...

Then they suggest if nothing else works, then go ahead and take the advice that Epic Games suggests....

But they won't actually say it out loud... they just imply that I should do "what they suggested"

Then they hung up on me, because it was time to go home and they couldn't help me anymore....They actually hung up on me while I was talking...

So now I'm stuck with a game I can't play.... I phone bill for tech support that wasn't...

and the only "USEFULL" suggestion is "go download a warez crack.... but not really"

Thanks Guys.... This is a fun day.

Publishers will probably never learn that cd-check "protection" isn't, and that it probably loses them more money from frustrated customers and tech support handling than it saves from prevention of piracy.

Oh, well, it keeps people in the "cd copy protection" scam^H^H^H^H business employed.

Comment

There seems to be a LOT more DVD drives that are sensitive to copy protection than CD ROM drives.
      Im not looking forward to it either, because my DVD drive is an old samsung which i doubt very much will be able to read the protection.
      Copy protection is mainly hurting the genuine customers as this is showing again. They are so easy to bypass anyway, its not even funny.

Looks like ill have to image and mount my game with alc120% as soon as i buy it, just to play it

Comment

I doubt an Atari person will reply to this thread. They don't want to be bothered.

I have had bad experience with the Atari tech phone line last year dealing with UT2K3. The guy did not know what he was talking about and had a temper :/:down:

Comment

My hopes are real high for my Ut2004 Special edition DVD now that im getting in 2-3 days...

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
            I doubt an Atari person will reply to this thread. They don't want to be bothered.

I have had bad experience with the Atari tech phone line last year dealing with UT2K3. The guy did not know what he was talking about and had a temper :/:down:
            This is why I never bother calling tech support for consumer products. The people manning the lines aren't technical experts, they're just average schmoes with a script that they take you through.

This might work for the extreme dolts who need to be asked "Is the computer plugged in?" but not for much other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Logy
              This is why I never bother calling tech support for consumer products. The people manning the lines aren't technical experts, they're just average schmoes with a script that they take you through.

This might work for the extreme dolts who need to be asked "Is the computer plugged in?" but not for much other than that.
              Yeah I know... The guy asked me to install the latest nvidia drivers... my problem was my CD key was not working.

Talk about a complete idiot. :down:

If a company is going to offer support, at least hire people with experience. I can see it now, a person with very little computer experience, listening to this tech-moron and up screwing up their pc because, the customer does not know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Logy

That may be the case, in general, but there are some exceptions.

Originally posted by buttercup
                [B]Then they tell me it may be something else, so I have to go through the list of "MICROSOFT APPROVED" processes...
                Try the steps at this site. The Services portion is especially important. This should generally be the first thing one does when experiencing issues, in my professional opinon.

Comment

good luck finding a no cd too... bleh i've been attempting to find one everywhere.

Comment

its not out yet
                    give it a few days

Comment

Nothing is worse than EA Games tech support. NOTHING.

I spent weeks e-mailing a TS representative back and forth with a BF:1942 issue. He kept sending me all these pre-written answers for common problems, and I kept on insisting that the problem I had was NOT common (Installshield issue). I even got the exact same response twice. Word-for-word.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno
                        Nothing is worse than EA Games tech support. NOTHING.
                        Actually, you are both right and wrong. EA technical support is very lacking on the technical side (although not much worse than Atari from the posts above). BUT, EA is the best when it comes to customer service issues like media and CD key replacement. I have always gotten excellent service on those issues on the few occasions over the years when I have needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by hughbackov
                          Actually, you are both right and wrong. EA technical support is very lacking on the technical side (although not much worse than Atari from the posts above). BUT, EA is the best when it comes to customer service issues like media and CD key replacement. I have always gotten excellent service on those issues on the few occasions over the years when I have needed it.
                          Well.... I specified tech support.... so.... yeah.

You can't have a good support staff if half if it sits on their *** all day copying and pasting pre-written answers.

Comment

anyone who wants the no cd crack can pm me

its not illegal, epic recommended it

Comment

Originally posted by hatrick_
                              anyone who wants the no cd crack can pm me

its not illegal, epic recommended it
                              lmao..I think that's the quote of the year right there. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X