Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't been here in awhile... a few questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been here in awhile... a few questions..

Hey everyone... I haven't signed on in awhile but I have few questions.. I've had Windows 7 for awhile but haven't installed UT3 (but know it works fine on 7 64bit)... got kind of bored because there wasn't as many people playing as UT2004... I was thinking of installing UT2004 on my Windows 7 64 bit but I have the Unreal Anthology and Microsoft's stupid compatibility site said it's not compatiable with Windows 7 at all... I've heard of people installing UT2004 from the Unreal Anthology disk and it working just fine but I don't know if that was on 32 or 64 bit but why would it be an issue if it can be installed in compatibility mode?? Someone told me 64 bit needs a patch but others told me that it's fine.... lastly.. does anyone still play UT2004?? or should I stick with UT3... blah...

Welcome back!
    it's not compatiable with Windows 7 at all...
    Hu? Works all fine here, Win 7 64 bit.

If you run across trouble, let us know. Try in compatibility mode and report your observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
      Welcome back!

Hu? Works all fine here, Win 7 64 bit.

If you run across trouble, let us know. Try in compatibility mode and report your observations.
      This.
      In case, I'm using the 32-bit patch (3369 final) of UT2004 over Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Comment

Yea, Microsoft is being full of ham there. It works just fine. That compatibility guide of theirs is hardly ever accurate. It lists things like old versions of Skype as having compatibility problems, even though they work just fine, they list the XP installer as having compatibility problems (even a hard lock without any "I know what I'm doing" button), even though it works fine... So don't trust that.

Both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of UT2004 work well on Win7 x64. There is one problem with maximised UnrealEd, but that's about it. The 32-bit version is more polished, but the 64-bit version will work even with Windows 9.

Comment

Okay.. I may try to install in the next few days.. if anyone wants to add me my SN is the same as it is in UT3.. lecie

Comment

Working...
          X