Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people active on ut 2k4?

He guys,

The game is on sale atm, and as the title says.

greetings,

At the time of this writing, 1,448. Unfortunately that number is mostly faked as there's plenty of empty "full" servers that fake their player counts.

Comment

Still enough to keep things interesting. Also, the number fluctuates during different times of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by arbee View Post
        Unfortunately that number is mostly faked as there's plenty of empty "full" servers that fake their player counts.
        Aren't there enough special/specific server variables that could be used to more accurately judge the actual amount of online players?
        Like doing a search through www.gametracker.com? or www.gamespy.com? with some non-player and realplayer variable search comparisons? Like: NUMPLAYERS - SPECIALPLAYERS?
        Or do server-bots show up as logging in & out at various times? or are they just logged in when the server starts the next map?

BTW, what source did you get that current player count from?

Not to change the subject, but faking player counts might also have something to do with recent forum topics about the master server being slow too! Since the actual player count would be much less - and all that fake player count data could very well be bottle-necking the server needlessly.

Comment

CLQ says around 250-ish right now, but I've recently seen it at 1000 there as well. Not sure across which period of time it tracks players. Likely are not all people who play the game going online at the same time. But it's also summer, so people might be out and doing other things instead of playing video games right now. Winter is what pulls people in.

Comment

I still play online.

Comment

I still log on from time to time.

Comment

I still play online on ONS or AS.

Comment

Some cases currently active for online are UTzone.de servers (Germany) and Xfire.

Comment

Just logged on today to play a round of good old ONS. Was surprised how good my aim still was after all that time.

Comment

Working...
                    X