Assault: Single Player Oriented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault: Single Player Oriented?

In most of the retail descriptions I've seen, Assault is mentioned like this:

'The much heralded single-player oriented game type returns...'

What does it mean single-player oriented? As in it's more designed for offline play against bots than for online play as multiplayer?

I know a lot of people played the original assault offline (there's seems to be a hell of a lot more people saying they loved Assault than have been playing with us online over the past 4 years).

Perhaps willhaven can explain?

plays the same. its designed for multiplayer obviously. but the feeling and all the cut sequences and scripted actions make it singleplayer-like

and the bots will totally ream me on godlike

Comment

Even on your own map O_o

Comment

You are kidding, right? Bots don't have a clue how to manage choke points, and certainly can't put up any kind of decent fight whether they're defending or attacking.

Comment

yeah... somewhere after masterful, the bots start outruning/outliving me and start taking objectives before i can even get there

Comment

Try godlike bots on overlord on the original, they know exactly where the choke points are :bulb:

I just remembered something. If you open AS-Asthenosphere in ued, the builder brush is shaped like willhaven's sig... or maybe I'm imagining things. I'm gonna check the new maps :P

Comment

Working...
            X