Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ut3 weapons in ut2004,and replacing UT3 characters with the original characters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ut3 weapons in ut2004,and replacing UT3 characters with the original characters.

I found this mutator that gives you unreal 3 weapons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daUYiVR6y3U (link in description)
    They function like the weapons in UT3,so you can only play this on single player or with your own server
    I want to replace the models (and sounds if I can) of the normal weapons with the models of this mutator.
    Because I like the look of the weapons in Ut3 better.
    Also,I downloaded http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...DATED-03-13-10
    UT3 character models.
    I also want to replace these models with the standard ones.
    So basicly,I want these mods as SKINS. I only want to see those characters.
    How do you do that?

I don't know anything about unreal 2004 modding , but I wonder if it's possible.

Welcome to the community.

Without a mutator this is not possible. You won't be able to play online if you would overwrite the original files. But then again, you would be using a mutator again and could only see the weapons when playing offline.
    You can only wait and hope that someone will host a server with Great Emerald's UT3 Style mutators.

If you want to keep the UT2004 weapon behaviour but have UT3 models applied, you would have to create an own mutator that changes the meshes only. You will at least have to get into the very basics of Uscript.

You could ask someone to make you such a mutator replacing the mesh only and keeping the functionality of the weapons, but I doubt it is possible without a mutator as the only "solution" I'm aware of is to replace the weapons by overwriting the original files and thus breaking online compatibility of your installation. Then again, you will only be able to play with them offline. When you use a mutator, it will stay as it is now, either offline or on a server you host (people would have to own the mutator to play on your server, either by downloading it from a website or by downloading it from a redirect or your server directly when they are connecting) unless there will be someone who will host a server with them you can play on as I mentioned before so you don't have to host your own.

Oh, and as Great Emerald said:
    Originally posted by Great Emerald
    And it's Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3. *Not* "Unreal 3", that is an entirely different game.
    To explain the difference: Unreal was the base game for Unreal Tournament, the first one was released in 1998, the first UT in 1999 a year after Unreal. UT is just a pure multiplayer version of Unreal (which was a real masterpiece), whereas the original Unreal series is single player (the first game has also coop - and a DM mode which was used as the base for the first UT) and is story-based. Its story is set a bunch of years before the Grand Tournament was legalized and has nothing to do with it (except for some eastereggs and hints about the creation of the Tournament in Unreal II).
    Unreal 3 never existed, sadly. The original franchise had two games and one expansion pack: Unreal, Unreal: Return To Na Pali (expansion of Unreal) and Unreal II: The Awakening.

Comment

It could probably be done with a "fair" amount of ease by changing the FireClasses in the UT3 weapons mod, but you'd TOTALLY need to ask Emerald's permission to do that first.

Comment

If you want to have the UT3 models and characters to replace the normal ones iwthout the use of a mutator (i.e. make them also appear in singleplayer), you'd have to change stock files which would stop you from being able to play online. For every other use - what is wrong about just using those mutators...?

Comment

If I understood him correctly, he wants to have these weapon models forever, on servers that don't run the mutator and in singleplayer without the mutator. The problem would be the version mismatch of the files and broken online compatibility as we've mentioned already.

Comment

Yeah that can't happen...lol. Ya gotta use a mutator and iirc mutators cannot be used at all in SP.

Comment

EDIT: On youtube,Emerald said ''ask on the epicgames forum,they might make youa mutator'' so I do have permission I guess.

It's strange how easily you can change the look of source games or minecraft or something,but you can't do that with this game :/.
              I especially wanted a friend of mine to have it. He likes Unreal tournement 3 and I wanted to play UT2004 with him (he got it cause of a sale on steam) But he hatesthe look of UT2004. He thinks everything looks really weird and ugly and it's a big turn off to him,even tough I keep telling him it has more gamemodes and stuff. But I kind of see why. The characters look very strange in that game imo. When I play xonotic or quake, or tribes characters don't look that weird :P
              But I just like to look of unreal tournement 3 a bit more(I'm 15,so I played UT3 first... well when I was REALLY young I saw my uncle play UT99.. he was kind of addicted xD)
              and I know that it's unreal tournement ,but I was just being lazy.
              I know about unreal :P
              I host a home team fortress 2 servers(actually 2, 1 is vanilla highlander and 1 is with custom maps,I don't think my PC will handle 3 servers xD) to play with my friends and some random people I got on steam,but you see my friends don't play unreal tournement(finally convinced 1 to play UT3 tough). But I don't understand anything about unreal tournement 2004 dedicated servers and NOTHING about unreal tournement 3 dedicated servers anyway(seriously,it has thousands of ports... I forward them,but people can only join if they directly connect to my Ip with the console) and I have a webspace to upload stuff to for fast downloads,but I'd have no idea how to make it work.......

Comment

Writing UT is faster.

Well, I'm sure you will find someone to code a mutator for you. I recommend to post your request in the Mod Request/Idea Sharing subforum, I think it's more likely to find someone there.

Comment

Originally posted by dylstew View Post
                  EDIT: On youtube,Emerald said ''ask on the epicgames forum,they might make youa mutator'' so I do have permission I guess.

It's strange how easily you can change the look of source games or minecraft or something,but you can't do that with this game :/.
                  I especially wanted a friend of mine to have it. He likes Unreal tournement 3 and I wanted to play UT2004 with him (he got it cause of a sale on steam) But he hatesthe look of UT2004. He thinks everything looks really weird and ugly and it's a big turn off to him,even tough I keep telling him it has more gamemodes and stuff. But I kind of see why. The characters look very strange in that game imo. When I play xonotic or quake, or tribes characters don't look that weird :P
                  But I just like to look of unreal tournement 3 a bit more(I'm 15,so I played UT3 first... well when I was REALLY young I saw my uncle play UT99.. he was kind of addicted xD)
                  I know about unreal :P
                  I host a home team fortress 2 servers(actually 2, 1 is vanilla highlander and 1 is with custom maps,I don't think my PC will handle 3 servers xD) to play with my friends and some random people I got on steam,but you see my friends don't play unreal tournement(finally convinced 1 to play UT3 tough). But I don't understand anything about unreal tournement 2004 dedicated servers and NOTHING about unreal tournement 3 dedicated servers anyway(seriously,it has thousands of ports... I forward them,but people can only join if they directly connect to my Ip with the console) and I have a webspace to upload stuff to for fast downloads,but I'd have no idea how to make it work.......
                  Go to your installation directory (for example: "C:\UT2004\") and open the System folder. Locate the file called UT2004.ini and open it with Notepad. Go to Edit>Find... and search for ServerPackages.
                  Scroll down to the last line starting with ServerPackages and add a new one with:
                  Code:
                  ServerPackages=UT3Style
                  Do the same on your friends installation.

Make him download and install the mutator. Then on the Main Menu go to Host Game choose Game Type and Map then in the Mutators tab activate the ones you want (UT3 Weapons too) and click Listen.
                  Then you can either give your IP to your friend (he can add your IP to his favourite list) so he can connect or make him look for your server in the servers list (first option is faster ).
                  Since you made him download the mutator he won't have to download it from trough the server.

Enjoy

(If you find any problems just PM me)

Comment

Yea, it indeed isn't possible to have the weapon models appear in multiplayer, apart from servers that run those models. With player models, it could be possible by modifying the UPL files, but most servers view that as cheats and will kick you out. And you can't modify the hardcoded SP campaign at all. So you'll just have to play offline, or, as GPing suggested, make a server. However, the UT3 weapons mutator is not yet network-ready. It should be on the next release, though, but it might take a while given how busy I am lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X