Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put an end to "OMFG I WANT IT NOW" threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smudger
    OK jOOfOO the games up !

Which one of the following are you working for ?

Atari
    DE
    EPIC

Peace out...
    I wish I could say I worked for one of them. But alas, I'm just a student, a jobless one.

Comment

Originally posted by [HE]Grifter
      You do know where you are right? Which forums you're posting in? Asking the people that take the time to write those threads to calm down and wait is completely futile. For better results, just ask the sun not to rise tomorrow.

-Grifter

I'm all for that! The sun sucks...

Comment

What does "In stores March 15th." mean to you? The only place where that date isn't worthless is for online retailers. Like I said, no big deal, but come on!

Comment

"I want it all, i want it all , i want it all but i want it NOW !! "

Ah Queen just classic :up:

Comment

Originally posted by KnightmareZ
            What does "In stores March 15th." mean to you? The only place where that date isn't worthless is for online retailers. Like I said, no big deal, but come on!
            Atari still has very little control over places like Best Buy and EB when it comes to when a game will be on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by [HE]Grifter
              You do know where you are right? Which forums you're posting in? Asking the people that take the time to write those threads to calm down and wait is completely futile. For better results, just ask the sun not to rise tomorrow.

-Grifter
              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmen
                Then, maybe they should revise their choice of words in their press releases. Since they stated in the press release that the game would be in store worldwide the 15th March.
                Maybe you should explain this to the retailers, not the publisher. ATARI's job is done, there is NOTHING they can do about it now. They have sent the game to the retailers.

You should all be moaning at EB, Gamestop, BestBuy, etc. They've had the game for a little under a week and are holding it back. It's their fault.

Comment

Re: Put an end to "OMFG I WANT IT NOW" threads?

Originally posted by j00f00
                  Okay, can't we all just stfu and accept the fact?

Here's how it is, Atari announced the RELEASE DATE, not the delivery date of the game at every individual retailer. It is not Atari's job, nor should it be expected of them to give an exact date for each retailer pertaining to the arrival of the game. When a game is released, the game ships out from the supplier to the retail location, an online one or an actual store. Shipping takes time and with as many copies of ut2k4 to be shipped, things get very expensive. They shouldn't be expected to rush things along, they've (Epic, DE, and Atari collectively) been working very hard on ut2k4, can't you just give them a break? :bulb:

I just had to get that out. Everyone just be patient, you'll have your ut2k4 eventually. :up:

Good post :up:

Comment

If what you asy is true then I would agree. But I find it hard to believe that the retailers have been 'sitting' on the game for over a week. Retailers are usually TOO agressive/optimistic in their release date speculation. I'm not saying you are wrong (I have no idea) but what you are saying doesn't make much sense.

Comment

DEATHY WANTS IT, HIS PRECIOUS 2K4 WILL NOT ESCAPES HIM, OH NOS

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
                        DEATHY WANTS IT, HIS PRECIOUS 2K4 WILL NOT ESCAPES HIM, OH NOS
                        :bulb: :up: ?

:weird:

Comment

Re: Put an end to "OMFG I WANT IT NOW" threads?

Originally posted by j00f00
                          Okay, can't we all just stfu and accept the fact?

Here's how it is, Atari announced the RELEASE DATE, not the delivery date of the game at every individual retailer. It is not Atari's job, nor should it be expected of them to give an exact date for each retailer pertaining to the arrival of the game. When a game is released, the game ships out from the supplier to the retail location, an online one or an actual store. Shipping takes time and with as many copies of ut2k4 to be shipped, things get very expensive. They shouldn't be expected to rush things along, they've (Epic, DE, and Atari collectively) been working very hard on ut2k4, can't you just give them a break? :bulb:

I just had to get that out. Everyone just be patient, you'll have your ut2k4 eventually. :up:
                          Well said mate. I'm in UK and have to wait til Friday to get my copy but do u see me whinging?

Seems some people here are just spoilt brats that can't accept the fact that someone else got the game before them. If you have to wait a day or two til after March 15th, what's the big deal? It's not that long to wait for god's sake.

Go out, get some fresh air, do something else but please stop whining about why u haven't got the game yet. I'm sure all the games retailers are working their socks off to get this MASSIVE game to you as fast as they possibly can.

Comment

Does it really matter if you get it today...or on wed?

Really... Where are you going to play? I bet by now there are only 40 2k4 servers up right now. Another day and there will be 400 servers. Another day after that and there will be 800. A week after that there will be 1200 and so on.

So unless you like playing with bots.... or sitting in your chair slaving to the server browsers 16 player server to empty one player slot..... I think you can wait another day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenoxide
                              Maybe you should explain this to the retailers, not the publisher. ATARI's job is done, there is NOTHING they can do about it now. They have sent the game to the retailers.

You should all be moaning at EB, Gamestop, BestBuy, etc. They've had the game for a little under a week and are holding it back. It's their fault.
                              Oh, is that why practically every European Atari office site I have looked at have their release date set to 19th ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmen
                                Oh, is that why practically every European Atari office site I have looked at have their release date set to 19th ?
                                Oh, so that's why every European store I've called up has it but refuses to sell it until Friday?

Everyone knows the Europe, the UK especially, refuses to release games on any day except a Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X