Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put an end to "OMFG I WANT IT NOW" threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put an end to "OMFG I WANT IT NOW" threads?

Okay, can't we all just stfu and accept the fact?

Here's how it is, Atari announced the RELEASE DATE, not the delivery date of the game at every individual retailer. It is not Atari's job, nor should it be expected of them to give an exact date for each retailer pertaining to the arrival of the game. When a game is released, the game ships out from the supplier to the retail location, an online one or an actual store. Shipping takes time and with as many copies of ut2k4 to be shipped, things get very expensive. They shouldn't be expected to rush things along, they've (Epic, DE, and Atari collectively) been working very hard on ut2k4, can't you just give them a break? :bulb:

I just had to get that out. Everyone just be patient, you'll have your ut2k4 eventually. :up:

Then, maybe they should revise their choice of words in their press releases. Since they stated in the press release that the game would be in store worldwide the 15th March.

Comment

OMFG I WANT IT NOW :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmen
        Then, maybe they should revise their choice of words in their press releases. Since they stated in the press release that the game would be in store worldwide the 15th March.

exaclty.

Comment

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=353898

Read the title of that thread. Its not really a big deal but frustrating that March 15th is a worthless date.

Comment

Maybe they should revise the release, but they still have no (or very little) control over what happens once the games leave their sight.

Comment

You do know where you are right? Which forums you're posting in? Asking the people that take the time to write those threads to calm down and wait is completely futile. For better results, just ask the sun not to rise tomorrow.

-Grifter

Comment

OMFG I WANT IT NOW !

Peace out...

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmen
                  Thats what i was thinking as I walked into my 7th store looking for the game only to hear "The 17th" for the 6th **** time. other time it was the 22nd stupid wal-mart

Comment

Originally posted by KnightmareZ
                    http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=353898

Read the title of that thread. Its not really a big deal but frustrating that March 15th is a worthless date.
                    It's not a worthless date. Many stores do have it today. Hell, Israel had it last night. Atari cannot be held responsible when retailers refuse to put it on the shelves until (in the case of Best Buy) Tuesday. Many stores only stock on Tuesdays, regardless of whether or not they have the game in their storeroom.

-Grifter

Comment

We need somone to flame, and Atari has a good taste this month....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein
                        Atari tells me that they're going to extraordinary lengths to manufacture and ship the game to have it in on store shelves on March 15th. You can expect to see an official announcement from Atari go out on the wire shortly.
                        I don't know if you can call that an official press release.

(From UnrealTournament.com): "Unreal Tournament 2004 is expected to be available worldwide on March 15"

That may be a misleading statement, but when they just said it would be avalible, nothing about being in store or at your door.

Comment

OMFG I WANT IT NOW

OMFG I WANT IT NOW

Comment

Re: OMFG I WANT IT NOW

Originally posted by all2neat
                            OMFG I WANT IT NOW
                            So do a lot of other people.

Comment

OK jOOfOO the games up !

Which one of the following are you working for ?

Atari
                              DE
                              EPIC

Peace out...

Comment

Working...
                              X