A big favor for an old member + On topic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big favor for an old member + On topic question

Hey guys, its been a long time since I have posted here, but I need you guys.

A long time ago, more than one year at least, There was a thread labeled "I am about to join them". if anyone can remember this thread, it was hillarious and bordering geneous. I remember a certain member made a total of two flash animations reguarding this amazing thread/event. This is what I need help in: I need to find some way to get those flash animations. I know they are probably floating around, but since the thread has been deleted (forum cleanup maybe?) I cannot find a direct link. I have been craving to see the hilarious pictures once more, but alas; my urge has not been fufilled.

And, by the way, to make this thread ON TOPIC, I have a UT2004 question: Will in-game voice comunication play an important role, or will it be more of "if you have it, use it" like in the demo?

I vaguely remember that thread, but not the animations.

Sorry.

Comment

I remember that thread, it was the very first "where's teh demo" images thread on this board.
      Back then it was still original and funny
      I'd like to check it out as well, there was a lot of hilarious stuff in there. I don't know which flash animations u are talking about though. What we're they about, who made them? Be more specific.

Comment

All I could find was this on BU, the thread mentioned in the description is marked as invalid. I guess it's gone.

http://beyondunreal.com/daedalus/img...d_image_id=151

And as far as Voip is concerned, I think I can understand why the SE was so limited. Epic knows how many whiney voiced 13 year olds will be screaming orders at people with 3 times their score for the entire match. Yes you could buy your own, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q
          I vaguely remember that thread, but not the animations.

Sorry.
          They were on page 2,796. HOW COULD YOU NOT REMEMBER?!!!!!

Comment

so, I guess that thread is lost forever?

Comment

yeah i remeber them

i have them on my computer but lost the flash animations when i formatted sorry man i was looking for them the other day to post :up:

also had a link in my favs to that thread... also gone

Comment

those were great....... that thread should have been immortalized or something.......

Comment

The forums were pruned.

Comment

well, if we can somehow get all the immages, I could easily make annother animation. I just need a good way to see all the images in an entertaining fashon.

Comment

I'm not a old member but I used my searching skill and found out that Raz is probably the maker of the movies.

He originally posted them at page 77 of the thread "I am about to join them!" in 08-08-2002 between 12:52 AM and 01:09 AM.

There was 2 parts. In 2002 you could get them at the following url (but not anymore):

http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=187867
                      http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=190376

If it's indeed the good movies, maybe he could send them to you if he still have them.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Caravaggio
                        All I could find was this on BU, the thread mentioned in the description is marked as invalid. I guess it's gone.

http://beyondunreal.com/daedalus/img...d_image_id=151

And as far as Voip is concerned, I think I can understand why the SE was so limited. Epic knows how many whiney voiced 13 year olds will be screaming orders at people with 3 times their score for the entire match. Yes you could buy your own, but still...
                        Think of it this way:

(These aren't the real prices, just my guess)

One big *** metal sleeve = 20$.
                        One Logitech headset = 20$.
                        DVD case and media = 10$.

Fair enough, now listen to this:

60,000 big *** metal sleeves manufactured in China = Import duties and shipping costs.
                        60,000 Logitech internet headsets manufactured in Taiwan = Import duties and shipping costs.
                        60,000 discs and boxes manufactured in the United States.

ATARI has to coordinate the shipment of sleeves, the shipment of headsets, the shipment of discs, and the shipment of boxes.

Then they have to have another big manufacturing plant to put everything together.

By the costs it takes to put something like this together, ATARI have to sell each and every one of them to make a profit, or they will lose out.

I hope that sort of explains why it's a Special Edition.

Comment

Working...
                        X