• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, this is what I got from play.com when I asked about dispatch:

Subject: Re: Release/Dispatch Date
    Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:03:39 -0000

Hi there

Thank you for your email.

We will attempt to have the pre-ordered title delivered by the release date. If our suppliers are able to provide goods on time, as on occasion they get held up by the releasing studios.

Kind regards

Play

----- Original Message -----
    To: Customer Support
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 4:29 PM
    Subject: Release/Dispatch Date

Hello info,
    I've ordered a game title from you;
    Unreal Tournament 2004 (DVD version) (PC)
    This is due for release on Friday, March 19th (this
    week). Can you tell me if the game will actually
    be dispatched ON that date, or whether it will be
    dispatched beforehand to ARRIVE on that date (or
    something else)?
    Thanks.

Comment

Nice form letter from play there

Comment

We will attempt to have the pre-ordered title delivered by the release date

--8<--

So, this means they don't actually have them yet right? Or am I reading too much into this? It smacks of an automated reply to me...

God I feel like I'm in a lotery... You know, until I starting reading on this forum I didn't actually care. Now I'm all causgh up in the UT2k4 fever....

Comment

My play.com order has changed to 'processing', but their website now states the CD version is out of stock. I pre-ordered a month ago so hopefully they'll have enough stock to send mine today or tomorrow. Anyone know delivery times for Play??

Comment

Originally posted by drv64
            Anyone know delivery times for Play??
            Never ordered from them before, but the site says 3-5 working days.

Status still Preordered on my DVD version

Comment

Play deliveries are generally 3-5 days.

For example, a CD I ordered recently was posted on the 11th, and it arrived this morning (16th).

Comment

Mine too... All 3 copies are 'pre-order'... Better than ' Awaiting stock I suppose'

They define status meanings on play.com:

Order Placed - Item is in stock and about to be processed.

Preordered - Item not yet released.

Awaiting stock - Item temporarily out of stock.

Processing - Your credit card is being authorised. Your order cannot be cancelled at this stage.

Packing - Your item is being packed and should be dispatched shortly. Your order cannot be cancelled at this stage.

Card declined - Your account has been declined - Please check your credit card details, and ensure that there are adequate funds in your account

Comment

OK I just called htem up... I said (Honestly!)

"Sorry to sound like a total fan-boy geek but I placed an order with you and I'd like to find out the status"

He laughed, asked me my details and what it was I'd pre-ordered.

He said, they have not recieved them yet...

If they get them early enough, I will, if they get them late, so will I...

For the London address I asked for the drop, if they get them on thursday, I'll get it on Friday (Delivery is excelent to a central London address as opposed to the middle of knowhere).

No, they will not be overwhelmed by preorders and they have plenty of people to cope with the orders.

They have had a LOT of orders (probably because of the price they are doing them for) and will get enough stock.

So, it's all down to the suppliers for play.com and where you live I'm afraid...

Can you other lot who pre-ordered phone the suppliers up and interrogate them?

Comment

My play.com order has been shipped today, now all it has to do is get here from Jersey, guess that will be on Fri/Sat RM permitting.

Comment

How long ago did you pre-order?

Comment

1 month ago

Comment

Hmmm...my play.com order is still at "preordered" status....

I also called them and got the story that they'll have plenty of stock. When asked how many they'd ordered or how many orders they'd had, the girl on the phone said she had no way of telling!

Comment

Bah be quiet you biatches. I'm Uk and I'm getting a COPY tommorrow.

I will get my SE in a week or so though .
                            I hate you AIRMAIL!!:cry:

Comment

Working...
                            X