No announcement yet.

Best price in UK found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play.com have BF:V as in stock now, and its not supposed to be released till Friday. Hopefully they'll do the same with UT2004 and send when they have stock.

Comment

Mortal, when you climb down, keep climbing down OK? Clan Buddies? You don't have a CLUE about me...

You KNOW you're out of order, correcting my English (to such a niggling degree) is not productive, as is bragging about how the extra money is just 'change to you'. If you're SO smart, use your intelligence to UNDERSTAND the thread and add to it...

I suspect you missed the point about the post for best price. For some (most or ALL) people, saving 33% on something is very important (Imagine buying your house for 1/3 less?!?!?!) however this is not the issue, the POINT of this was to demonstrate just how cheap Atari are seling this game for, and hopefully encorage people to BUY rather that STEAL this game.

It's £18, and for some people that's quite an investment, for most it's a good price (**** good!) and for a few it's peanuts... But to a Pirate's argument, it's a real nail in the coffin.

That is the point ... Please (PLEASE!) commend on that, and leave the typos and mud-slinging to the children...

Comment

find me a uk retailer selling the uk se edition (not import) and ill be your best friend =P

edit: cheaper than £50 =P

Comment

Look... Remember all you Wip3out fans on the PS2... Remember when they released Wipe3Out SE?

They released it *PAL only* (Thank you Liverpool Psygnosis!!!!)... P!ssed off a LOT of people (Every non-PAL country in the World)...

That was in 2002... Do you know they STILL complain about it (Mainly the Americans)...

It's POSSIBLE UT2k4 SE will NEVER be released in Europe... Unlike Wip3out SE (Which is a different GAME with extra levels, music and improvements), UT2k4 SE is the same as UT2k4 regular just not in a fan-boy metal box, sticker (I mean, a STICKER!) and head-set (and if you're a PLAYER, you've already got 1 of those)...

Just look at it as the American's FINALLY getting their own back at us Europeans for having Wip3out SE all these years...

It's the same game, what's the problem here? UT2k4 SE doesn't let your char run faster, see through walls, gain extra weapons, have extra levels.. or anything... Why the fuss?

Comment

I've ordered from Gameplay, as although it's a few quid more, they're very good for getting a game out on release date, or even a day or two before.

I would have gone with Play.com, but I'd expect it to arrive three or four days later than from Gameplay.

Comment

Calm down everyone...

It's only three days until Christmas!

Comment

Lol, with every new post you make more of a fool of yourself djini - knock it off already

Anyway, I ordered from Play.com because of the low price, too. Not because I cannot afford higher prices elsewhere - I normally never pre-order but get games from whatever store I find them in - but because £18 for me justifies the purchase. I'm one of the people who were (are still) not too impressed with the whole annual-update scheme and I wasn't willing to fork out £30-35 for a tweaked UT2003. Play.com's £18 however is the price of an addon pack, which still sounds right to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal Justice

If someone is from a poor country though, why shouldn't they download games...
                  Anyway, that's a totally different debate.
                  Great idea!

I'm moving to Ethiopia so I can download as many games as I like!!

:up:

Comment

TBH, even though I have preordered from Play I am not expecting it to be delivered on Friday.

Play ARE notorious for long delivery times, but you trade that off against the cheap price. You cant exactly expect Next Day Special Delivery on a game costing 17.99 INC postage.

Anyway, I hardly feel its the end of the world if I get my copy later then everyone else.

If people were that desperate to get hold of it on time they should either camp out in front of their local Game shop, ort preorder from the US paying top dollar for International Express delivery.

You get what you pay for.

RM

Comment

RobMonster --> Etheopia? Move to India, and do support calls that replace the 'expensive' americans...

. o O ( Another story )

Yoghurt --> Never! I *must* have the last word! LOL...

But interesting bit about it being an add-on... Is that what you really think? I feel it's more like a new version but I get what you're saying... and either way... £18 for 'whatever you want to call it' is **** good in my books...

Comment

Originally posted by djini_hades
                        Is that what you really think?
                        Well, I know most people don't agree with that view, but for me it holds up. UT2003 failed to impress me, mostly because of a complete lack of decent maps, so the fact I'm getting all of 2003 included in 2004 is rather meaningless. On top, I already have 2003, and hardly play(ed) it.

As far as the additional content goes: yes, it's quite a lot, but I still feel it's what 2003 should have been. Assault? Great, but it was in the original UT to begin with... Onslaught? Vehicles never interested me - not for this type of game anyway - so there's another bit I'll be skipping. The new maps? Here's hoping they'll hold up this time around. All the tweaks? Needed, very much so, and one of the reasons I'm enjoying the demo now, but they're still just tweaks all the same. In short: I don't feel I should be paying twice for Epic to get it right.

Don't get me wrong, a full retail price can easily be justified for UT2004, as it is a big game, and lots of people are undoubtedly going to get hours of gameplay out of it. I'm very aware, however, of what I'll get out of the game and, to repeat myself, I have a real problem forking out twice for Epic's failed attempt first time around... Play.com's 18 quid's perfect, then: addon price for a game I'll be skipping 75% of...

Comment

Originally posted by yoghurt
                          Lol, with every new post you make more of a fool of yourself djini - knock it off already

Anyway, I ordered from Play.com because of the low price, too. Not because I cannot afford higher prices elsewhere - I normally never pre-order but get games from whatever store I find them in - but because £18 for me justifies the purchase. I'm one of the people who were (are still) not too impressed with the whole annual-update scheme and I wasn't willing to fork out £30-35 for a tweaked UT2003. Play.com's £18 however is the price of an addon pack, which still sounds right to me...
                          I totally understand your principle. I didn't purchase 'UT2003', in fact, 'UT2004' will be my first 'UT' game. 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City' was nothing more than an expansion pack in my opinion, and I paid £26 for the 'privilege'.

Yes, on principle; why give the money-grabbing software companies more money than they deserve (especially if you're a 'regular' purchaser of a series)? God knows how much money I've thrown in the direction of 'EA Sports', for their 'annual updates' over the past three years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robmonster
                            Great idea!

I'm moving to Ethiopia so I can download as many games as I like!!

:up:
                            Somehow, I doubt very much that you'd have a PC if you lived in Ethiopia. What a callous remark...
                            What kind of world do we live in today, eh? You begrudge worse off people than yourself a little pleasure in life?? They wouldn't have a need for 'warez' if they hadn't had their land plundered by honkies.

Comment

OK guy's I've just been in touch with Play.com and here's the trip.

They expect games to be in on friday or satuarday. The orders will be prepared for sending on the satuarday and any overflow will be prepared for sending on Monday. Most of the orders will be sent on Monday and the overflow will be sent on tuesday with a 2 or 3 day standard delivery then you can expect to recieve your game next Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Boy am I glad I never preordered I for one don't mind paying just a little extra to have my game a whole week before the preorder crew.

Peace out...

Comment

I can't believe you just said that Justice

They wouldn't have a need for 'warez' if they hadn't had their land plundered by honkies.
                                Honkies?!?! I'll leave it to RobMonster to answer to the rest of your accusations... I'm sure he was joking but i'll let him answer...

So we can now tack racist to the already swelling list of things to call you... Grammar Nazi, Racist, snob...

Comment

Working...
                                X