Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh-ma-ga! I just got t3h Strategy Guide!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not sure dude. I'll try to remember to take a look tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you get the strategy guide if you live in Sweden? I haven't heard anything about it or seen it in stores.

Are there explanations of different trickjumps on each map? You know, good places to jump, how to do it, and such?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shizna
    I would break both of my legs to have UT99 with the graphics of UT2004.
    I will have it to you this weekend. Please go ahead. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Strategy guides suck, after a few months every UT2004 gamer will learn whats in the guide through playing alone. Then a year or so after that people will get even better, and be using the guide for toilet paper.

I have played UT99 since the month of its release and people are still improving now. I can remember a time when people didnt even use Translocater to climb the front of CTF-Face, now people can climb directly into the Sniper room without losing health. (Translocate upwards to the point where you wont lose health from falling, then fire again at peak height, and then again before your falling velocity would cause damage). People fly around the maps, I love it.

I would break both of my legs to have UT99 with the graphics of UT2004. The gameplay is still a bit corny like UT2003, where UT99 is lovely arcade style fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hanzz
    ....I can tell you that Willhaven, the creator behind Convoy, found even more long jump spots recently in that map that are amazing to see. God knows what else remains to be found.
    That's what I love about the physics and flexibility of the UT game series - you think you know a map, and think you've got all the routes and possibilities sorted, then someone comes along and shows you a whole new way to move round the level and it's like "...****! I never thought of doing that!!!..."
    There's always something else to find.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Loric-
    I wonder what they could come up with for CTF-1on1-Joust
    Just spawn kill

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Clanlord is the Skaarj you unlock. He's got wicked stats.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder what the cyborgs, thunder crash and hellions get as a bonus...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What exactly does the guide say the Species Statistics for the new races are?
    And are there changes to the old stats?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Descentia
    No. Abaddon is playable from the get-go. He looks teh cool too! He looks worse...er, better I mean, than Brutalis.

Ah, hehehe. 1on1 is what I like, so I focused on that first.

Deck17 will of course be fantastic for 4on4, I would think.

DM-Desertisle is an outside map with lots of trees and rock bridges. Looks very good. :up:

DM-Goliath seems to have a lot of DOM-Core-type archetecture. Sure hope it's not as cramped as Core. :-\

They don't list a recommened number of players for DM-Hyperblast2. That's odd. It looks big though. It also says it's "now altered to avoid needless sniping" whatever that means.

DM-Metallurgy looks nice and big! I just sure hope it doesn't have the same SM curse that Rustatorium had. Surely not.

DM-Rrajigar looks AWESOME! It's a swampy-cave type style. WOW!!!!

:cry:

i want teh game now.

:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Retodon8
    Is that the same guy as Abaddon, the Skaarj turned Nightmare?
    Doesn't sound like it...
    No. Abaddon is playable from the get-go. He looks teh cool too! He looks worse...er, better I mean, than Brutalis.

Originally posted by Megistos
    Thanks, I hope there are some good 4on4 maps too.
    Ah, hehehe. 1on1 is what I like, so I focused on that first.

Deck17 will of course be fantastic for 4on4, I would think.

DM-Desertisle is an outside map with lots of trees and rock bridges. Looks very good. :up:

DM-Goliath seems to have a lot of DOM-Core-type archetecture. Sure hope it's not as cramped as Core. :-\

They don't list a recommened number of players for DM-Hyperblast2. That's odd. It looks big though. It also says it's "now altered to avoid needless sniping" whatever that means.

DM-Metallurgy looks nice and big! I just sure hope it doesn't have the same SM curse that Rustatorium had. Surely not.

DM-Rrajigar looks AWESOME! It's a swampy-cave type style. WOW!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I hope there are some good 4on4 maps too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Loric-
    I wonder what they could come up with for CTF-1on1-Joust ;)
    This post (with the wink) made me laugh! Tha thing is, they sure don't say much about it.

All it is (as you know) is an H-shaped level, with only the RL and LG (Gael-style combat). They just give basic tips like never just run straight down the center corridor. Always keep moving and never camp out at your own flag. One cool suggestion they give is shoot your trans over the enemy's head in the center hallway. If he ignores it, trans and attack from behind. If he shoots at it, you've got an opening to move in on him from the front. Not much else. Screenies are neat. It's a Face3-style Egyptian map. The hallways look a lot larger than I thought they would be. Tons of room to wall-dodge and such. They even say it can be good for 2on2 action.

Here's a bit of DM info that I just gleaned from skimming. And it could be lot of this has already been discovered and posted here. But anyway...

Albatross (the one I was really pumped about) is actually 1on1-Albatross. I didn't know this was gonna be considered a 1on1.

1on1-Desolation looks like it has the same "hardcoreness" that Rankin has to it, but the atmosphere is more like a greenhouse...erm, without any plants. o_O

1on1-Idoma looks like a sequel to Ironic in it's architecture. A bit bigger though, maybe.

If you like 1on1-Alpu2, me thinks you will love 1on1-Roughinery.

One thing I've noticed about a lot of the DM maps, especially the 1on1s: there's gonna be a ton of z-axis fighting!

Now granted, this is just from small black-n-white pictures...but 1on1-Squader sure does look like an old (old-school) UT map.

If you remember all the deathmatching at the end of the GSI video, I think most of it look place in DM-Corrugation. Awesome looking map!

You guys are gonna LOVE Deck17. And from the looks of it, not very much at all has changed gameplay wise (except maybe a few hidden things ).

Hyperblast2 looks....BIG.

There's a slew more. And remember, this is just the impressions I got as I skimmed through the images. Although I won't be able to post this weekend, I should have time to read some of the guide. If I see anything awesome I'll lecha know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mine will be at home waiting for me tonight:

You guys are gonna get sooo OWNED!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Descentia
    There is a Clan Lord Skaarj that can only be played by unlocking him through the Single-Player. He l@@ks teh awesome! (Oh, and by editing some ini file, no doubt. )
    Is that the same guy as Abaddon, the Skaarj turned Nightmare?
    Doesn't sound like it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X