Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh-ma-ga! I just got t3h Strategy Guide!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh-ma-ga! I just got t3h Strategy Guide!!!!

Any questions?

You mean you pre ordered it. Dumbass.

Comment

Is it worth it for the maps ?

I don't care about strategy, just the maps.

Comment

No, its very true he may have it. It's available on EBGames website. "Usually Ships 24 hours".

Comment

No seriously...I really will try to answer any questions you dudes have while I'm still here at work. (Gonna be gone this weekend. )

Comment

Is it worth getting? Any cool artwork in it that you can't find online?

Comment

Desc---didnt you say say (on another forum) that you accidently ordered the ut2k3 strategy guide?

have fun reading

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q
                Is it worth it for the maps.

I don't care about strategy, just the maps.
                Well, it's all black-and-white, like most other strategy guides are and it's not chalked full of full-page images (if that is what you mean). However, it is chalked full of the smaller "wallet size" images from almost every (important) corner of each map, most of them with a number index and legend to explain the specific areas. The nicest thing about the maps though (IMO) is all the strategies dealing with them. I know you didn't care about "strategy", but I'm guessing you meant general gameplay and multiplayer strategy.

Each map is extremely detailed on layout, powerups, "sweet spots", etc. Even down to the 1on1 maps, with a "Map Patrol" section to give you guidelines on how to move through the map regularly before you run across an enemy. Of course, the Assault maps are LOADED with info, from the background storyline to all the specifics of each objective (and alternate objective). Each one starts off with up to two or three pages of just images with a number index to explain each location/objective. (Multiple numbers on each image to explain each corner and detail.) Hints and tips are mixed throughout the entire explanation. :up: AS-Convoy itself has 19 pages devoted to it. :bulb: The Onslaught sections are also loaded with explanatory images, with everything from overall victory strategies to individual strategy sections devoted to each node.

Was it worth it? It is for me, cause the map stuff is what I like about the UT games. I suppose it will also give a slight edge of knowledge when the game first comes out (if I stick to reading it). But within a few months, everyone else that plays it regularly will have learned most of this stuff from the school of hard knocks.

EDIT: Gosh, that's long. :bulb: And no I didn't copy-paste that from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NoahWhtly
                  Any cool artwork in it that you can't find online?
                  erm...not that I know of.
                  Originally posted by piggdawg
                  Desc---didnt you say say (on another forum) that you accidently ordered the ut2k3 strategy guide?

have fun reading
                  :haha::up:

Nope, not me. I'm sure glad I didn't read that before I got it. That woulda scared me.

EDIT:
                  Sry for teh *UT2003 Default Annoucer voice* Double Post!

:cry:

Comment

Does it say anything about the Mutators, specifically if the Skaarj characters will be able to use their wrist-blades with the Species mutator on?

Comment

nice. even if its worthless (which is not the case, i think) i look forward reading it.

Comment

Could you post some info about DM maps that look cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Slamoid
                          Does it say anything about the Mutators, specifically if the Skaarj characters will be able to use their wrist-blades with the Species mutator on?
                          It does specifically mention the Species Statistics Mutator. However, it doesn't mention anything about the wrist-blades --only increases and decreases percentage-wise on jumping, running, etc like all the other races.

(Also keep in mind that the UT2003 Official Strategy Guide talked about this mutator just as much as this guide does...but it was nowhere to be found. I trust Epic on this one , but just keep that in mind when looking forward to it. )

There is a Clan Lord Skaarj that can only be played by unlocking him through the Single-Player. He l@@ks teh awesome! (Oh, and by editing some ini file, no doubt. )

Originally posted by Megistos
                          Could you post some info about DM maps that look cool?
                          I'll try to find some cool stuff...but I don't always see eye to eye on what the community thinks is "neat" about a map. I'll do my best though. (But someone needs to bump this thing so I won't double post again. )

Comment

I wonder what they could come up with for CTF-1on1-Joust

Comment

It's definitely not worthless! We all sat down with the strategy guide writer for about 4 days and showed him parts of maps, shared personalized tactics, demonstrated team tactics and a whole lot more. So it's very much worth it, even for intermediate and advanced players. I can tell you that Willhaven, the creator behind Convoy, found even more long jump spots recently in that map that are amazing to see. God knows what else remains to be found.

Comment

Working...
                              X