Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should individual scores not show in team game types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should individual scores not show in team game types?

Ok shows how bored I am, I have created a poll.

I just played ONS and got to the core in a manta just as a teammate got killed I fired 3 shots into the core it blew up and I got credited for the Kill when it was the other Guy who did all the hard work. I thought that was unfair, which got me to thinking.

In team based games i.e. ONS & AS does individual frags matter? Surely it’s the team win that counts.

What you think?

To an extent they should still show. You want to know who can do what, to try to get some organization in pubs. A list like from XMP would be perfect. Would clarify more but I'm tired and heading off to bed. Gotta love being able to sleep the day away to do nothing but sit on my *** at night. I need a job...

Goodnight!

Comment

Something like the medals in AS but with numbers for different things like FRAGS, NODES HEALED, VEHICLES DESTROYED. Could do the same for CTF/BR/DDOM with caps, goals whatever. I dunno though, just a thought...

Comment

Voted Yes, although I wouldn't have worded it like that. The score margins are there (at least for me) so that I can look at the scoreboard and see who I can logically depend on to do certain things on public servers.

In competitive play, it doesn't matter at all who has the most kills because typically in competitive play there's people whose jobs are to do things that typically don't incur a bunch of points, but are no less important (like frustrating the other team instead of building nodes).

To have fun on public servers, I want to be able to look at the scoreboard and see who I'm sharing the top two spots on my team is so that I can start looking for them to help me out. In my experience, players who make good teammates typically have high scores.

Comment

ok I may have worded the third choice poorly, The noob bashing should have gone on to number four

Comment

I say yes with scores but higher points for teamwork as opposed to DMing. Since I do pretty well on public servers I try to instruct others. I think the new people listen to me more when they see my score is high. In other words, showing each persons score helps me teach the newbs.

Comment

Yes, even though i am a team game player only... i want to see my score to see how badly im doing

hopefully scoring has been tweaked since the demo so it makes moresense in ONS. Players who build and defend and perform important teams tasks need to be rewarded. also would be cool if some better team stats were shown at the end game screen.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                Something like the medals in AS but with numbers for different things like FRAGS, NODES HEALED, VEHICLES DESTROYED. Could do the same for CTF/BR/DDOM with caps, goals whatever. I dunno though, just a thought...
                I like this idea.

should list

overall score
                Amount of nodes health healed
                Amount of nodes healt damaged
                Amount core damaged
                Amount of kills

Comment

I'd rather see who did exactly what.
                  More useful than a single number score.

Comment

No individual scores on teamgames is like communism: A nice idea for an ideal world. But in real life it simply doesn't work, because you can't ignore the human nature.

Comment

Apologies for quoting my own post, but I hate being ignored and people keep saying basically the same things I've said. I'm sure you all can relate.

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
                      To an extent they should still show. You want to know who can do what, to try to get some organization in pubs. A list like from XMP would be perfect. Would clarify more but I'm tired and heading off to bed. Gotta love being able to sleep the day away to do nothing but sit on my *** at night. I need a job...

Goodnight!
                      +1?

Comment

There needs to be some measure of a players development and progress. Unless there is another way to mark this the score is the best indication of this I think. So keep it :up:

Comment

Working...
                        X