Atari Europe confirms 19th as release date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari Europe confirms 19th as release date

Atari's European release date (as confirmed here) is the 19th.

The release is expected on 19th of March 2004 in all the good stores of France!!!
    what I it does not include/understand that you is said to 19 whereas on another forum they say to the 15.
    15 the March is the American release of the title... 19 March for the European release...
    Browsing in French was hard, but I eventually found it!

This prooves that the international infogrammes divisions act entirely independantly of each other and any statement from one only applies in it's country of origin. I'm not disrespecting Atari USA for setting their date at the 15th, but if they don't control other regions then the word worldwide should not be used.

I'm reposting this in it's own thread just so it gets noticed.

Pretty stupid move from Atari. :sour:

Comment

ATARI sux. I don't undesratnd how a French company can act like this regarding European gamers!!! They say March 15th worldwide, and now it's US.

Sux!

Comment

on the box of my ut2003 best of atari edition it says 'made in E.U.' it must be possible to release 2004 at the same time in europe. sweden seems to be on the 19:th.

Comment

It's the 18th for Germany.

Comment

19 th holland

19 th belgium afaik

Comment

that is just asking for the game to be warezed

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                that is just asking for the game to be warezed
                Like they care, you couldn't play it online anyway...

Comment

didnt stop people with 2k3

Comment

And who wants to spend god knows how long downloading 5 odd Gb worth of data. Granted some people have connections that wouldn't blink at such a DL (well maybe a small blink) but the majority of people don't have 8Mbit DL or whatever. By the time I would've finished the DL I'd have the game already :bulb:

BTW, I would not consider DL it myself and the reason why is because I think Epic deserve my money, not because I couldn't DL it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                      And who wants to spend god knows how long downloading 5 odd Gb worth of data. Granted some people have connections that wouldn't blink at such a DL (well maybe a small blink) but the majority of people don't have 8Mbit DL or whatever. By the time I would've finished the DL I'd have the game already :bulb:

BTW, I would not consider DL it myself and the reason why is because I think Epic deserve my money, not because I couldn't DL it.
                      Right on. I'm suprised anyone would want to warez it because they cann't wait 5 days. A typical torrent may take days (because most people leech without sharing their bandwidth back)

Comment

So why the hell did they call it "worldwide" ?

Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidekicker
                          So why the hell did they call it "worldwide" ?

Idiots.
                          Same as they Call it the WORLD SERIES in Baseball , only the Yanks play FFS

Comment

Originally posted by MLH-Throb
                            Same as they Call it the WORLD SERIES in Baseball , only the Yanks play FFS
                            Difference is that Europeans don't WANT to play baseball. We surely want to play UT2k4.

And dammit... I'd better have it at that friday. I do NOT feel like waiting my first free weekend in a long time (and probably the only free weekend I'll have in a long time too) just because some arses from Atari decided to release it 4 days late. :sour:

Comment

Working...
                            X