ONS: Automatic weapn switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS: Automatic weapn switching

Is there any way of turning off automatic weapon switching in ONS? Fed up of charging up the first node on link secondary and backing into the weapons pickup hoping it will just boost my link ammo and it will change to minigun leaving me to ***** about changing it back to link and losing what could be valuable seconds.

Is there a simple menu option I'm missing or do I have to delve deep deep into the ini files

cheeeeeeeers

k

Setting -> Game -> Weapon Switch On Pickup (uncheck)

Comment

Re: ONS: Automatic weapn switching

Originally posted by KoperniK

Is there a simple menu option I'm missing
      yes

Comment

That isn't what he meant. This isn't weapon switching on pickup, this is weapon switching when he runs out of ammo. When you run out ammo your gun switches. He wants his gun to stay link so that he can just pick up more ammo and keep charging.

I feel your pain there but that's the only situtation where that would be helpful, the rest of the time you would be left trying to shoot a gun with no ammo.

Comment

For the Link Gun specifically I'd like the gun to not switch as long as I'm holding down the ALT FIRE.

Nothing worse than running out of ammo while your eyes are looking elsewhere on the monitor and firing a few rounds into a friendly node/player/vehicle.

This was asked for in the Feedback... maybe its one of the many small things that was added.

If not, we can ask again later.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q
            [B]For the Link Gun specifically I'd like the gun to not switch as long as I'm holding down the ALT FIRE.
            Yeah, its a real pain when you auto switch to the redeemer when trying to heal a power node.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaFubs
              Yeah, its a real pain when you auto switch to the redeemer when trying to heal a power node.
              :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboozler
                That isn't what he meant. This isn't weapon switching on pickup, this is weapon switching when he runs out of ammo. When you run out ammo your gun switches. He wants his gun to stay link so that he can just pick up more ammo and keep charging.

I feel your pain there but that's the only situtation where that would be helpful, the rest of the time you would be left trying to shoot a gun with no ammo.
                That is not the only helpful situation. The fact that there is weapon switch time at all means that if you are about to pick up ammo for a gun you are out of ammo for, you can switch to the weapon before you pick it up and be ready to fire it immediately. This was a cvar in Quake 3 and was one of the first things I changed for my settings.

In addition, I've shot my face off more than once because I ran out of one weapon, it autoloaded the rocket launcher, and someone was right in front of me on my team. Blammo.

I fully support a user option to have to manually select new weapons in ALL CASES (out of ammo, pick up a new weapon, anything).

Comment

Working...
                X