Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Server Going Offline Tomorrow, January 17 at 8:00 AM Eastern

Hey folks,

The UT2004 Master Server will be going offline tomorrow morning for maintenance. We are hoping that this will only take an hour or so.

The purpose for this maintenance is to clear the slowdowns we've been experiencing and get the stats back on track. This may mean we'll have to purge some of the older stat data to free up some server resources.

Please watch the performance of the server queries and the stats in the days following and let me know how it is all running.

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for the warning Flak!

Comment

Yes, thanks.

For a second I thought it's going down permanently. Phew!

Comment

^Same. One of the best ways to make a day much better. First you get scared by a thread title and then you're so relieved that you are just happy. lol

Might be better to call such a thread "[MAINTENANCE] Master Server - Offline on [time&date]" next time, hehe.

Comment

i Start the game and wen i get in to Internet in all Game type i have like dis

Comment

We are doing the maintenance right now.

It will take a while. If you could please let your friends know!

Comment

Originally posted by RLV View Post
              For a second I thought it's going down permanently. Phew!
              So did I. Especially when I saw this is a "sticky" thread.

Anyway, thanks for all the effort, Flak!

Comment

I definitely think I should have worded the thread title differently

Could you guys let me know how the server query is responding for you?

Comment

Man and i was gonna play tomorrow. Ah well i guess i can play a few matches and wait it out

Sent from my Xploded 3vo

Comment

Man! When I just read the forum title , I was scared as _ _ _ _(fill the blank yourself.)
                    That gave me a relief for sure.
                    Anyway , GL with the maintenance.
                    I hope it will be fixed soon .

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                      Could you guys let me know how the server query is responding for you?
                      I tried to check several gametypes. The lists seem to be exhaustive (at least I saw servers I know and the remainder seems to be what I remember in terms of proportion)

The queries are sometimes quite fast (2-3 seconds) but a few times it has taken a longer time (10 seconds to see the servers running Bombing Run?).

Comment

Same here. It took little over 10 seconds to query the master server after clicking "Join game".

When choosing a gametype, the server list would sometimes load in only 1 or 2 seconds, and sometimes took 10 seconds or more to load.

Comment

Was slower for me to get the "News page" (cca 20 - 30 seconds). Querying the gametypes was fast (1 - 2 seconds).

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuzaki View Post
                            Same here. It took little over 10 seconds to query the master server after clicking "Join game".

When choosing a gametype, the server list would sometimes load in only 1 or 2 seconds, and sometimes took 10 seconds or more to load.
                            ^Basically this.
                            It's pretty random sometimes.

Comment

OK, we'll be doing more maintenance tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X