Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boost dodging still doesnt work even with Mutator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost dodging still doesnt work even with Mutator.

So I downloaded that mutator hack for the demo and me and another of my clan members tested out the "UT2k3 style" mutator since we are both big fans of boost dodging... and low and behold... boost dodging still doesnt work. and the weapon switching, while faster than 2k4 default, still isn't 2k3 speed.

so what's the point in having a "2k3 style" mutator if it's not 2k3 style? I thought the point of having the mutator was so that those of us who enjoy boost dodging can still choose to play with it?

It's bad enough that it's no longer default (yeah yeah it was a bug, but that is irrelevant as it was a widely used and loved move)... but now even thought it was promised it would be included as a mutator... it still doesn't work.

EDIT: BEFORE MOANING BECAUSE I SAID THE WORD "HACK" PLEASE SCROLL DOWN... I HAVE THE FULL GAME NOW.

Re: Boost dodging still doesnt work even with Mutator.

Originally posted by áçü.black.jesus
    So I downloaded that mutator hack for the demo and....
    That alone is enough for me to stop reading this post. Wait untill the full game THEN complain mutators dont work.

Comment

Re: Re: Boost dodging still doesnt work even with Mutator.

Originally posted by Gatorbot
      That alone is enough for me to stop reading this post. Wait untill the full game THEN complain mutators dont work.
      Ditto.

Comment

well, you'd have a point there if it weren't for the fact that all of the other mutators work.

believe me, i'm hoping that you are right and that's the reason it doesn't work... but i don't see why all of the others would work with the hack and that's the only one that doesn't. Not to mention the fact that, just like i said, weapon switch speed is increased, but not to 2k3 level.

Comment

Yeah weapons switch seem a tiny bit faster than
          ut2004 style but definately nothing like ut2003.

Boostdodge seems takes you the same distance as
          a dodge jump (I know how to boost dodge, I don't
          need an explanation kthx)

So all it is, is a half ***** attempt of making swithc time
          and boostmoves like they were in 2003.

I bet this is gonna be like the 'Classic UT' mute, it's only
          purpose was to dim down on the complaints while
          pretending that there would be a real ut99 style mutator
          when all it was was a few damage properties and the
          angle on the xloc that was changed, something I could
          have done myself in about 1 hours uscripting.
          (No I don't want and didnt want ut99 back, I hate it, its old and clunky, just using it as an
          example)

Comment

this works

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=355734

Comment

and that's supposed to do what exactly? dodging is already on by default. i'm not talking about dodging, i'm talking about boost dodging.

Comment

So I downloaded that mutator hack for the demo...
                Anybody be so kind to summarize what's in the rest of the post...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                  Anybody be so kind to summarize what's in the rest of the post...
                  read it yourself you lazy ****

Comment

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT MUTATORS UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY HAVE THE MUTATOR.

IGNORE THIS WARNING AND GET BEATEN TO DEATH BY A BADGER WITH A STICK.
                    [screenshot]http://www.ina-community.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif[/screenshot]

Comment

:haha:

man... is that a stick up your *** or the entire tree?

Comment

... boost dodging still doesnt work. and the weapon switching, while faster than 2k4 default, still isn't 2k3 speed.
                        ...but now even thought it was promised it would be included as a mutator... it still doesn't work.
                        Boo-f*ckin-hoo, noone cares, most people hate all that **** anyway... Oh, and by the way, wait until the game is out before you start with this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo2003
                          Boo-f*ckin-hoo, noone cares, most people hate all that **** anyway... Oh, and by the way, wait until the game is out before you start with this ****.

whoa haven't heard that one a million times before.

look. it doesnt' matter that i downloaded the **** hack to check out the mutators. the fact is, all of the mutators work like they are supposed to, therefore implying that the "ut2k3 style" mutator is working like it's supposed to as well. and it doesn't do what it says it does.

as for people not caring? oh really? is that why there was a pole not too far back where those who want boost dodging in the game had 50% of the votes? people obviously care about it otherwise there wouldn't even be a mutator at all.

so by "nobody cares about that **** anyway" what you really mean to say is "i don't care about that **** i have my head stuck up epic's collective asses it was teh BUG OMG!!!1!! LOL!!!".

thanks come again.

funny thing is, when the full game comes out and nothing is different, instead of getting flamed for downloading a hack, i'll get flamed by people saying i'm just not doing it right or don't know what i'm talking about. this board should really be called the "Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 whiners hangout".

anybody who actually cares about this care to post or have the trolls destroyed my thread beyond repair?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo2003
                            Snif snif, is that projected angst that I smell?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Boost dodging still doesnt work even with Mutator.

as for people not caring? oh really? is that why there was a pole not too far back where those who want boost dodging in the game had 50% of the votes? people obviously care about it otherwise there wouldn't even be a mutator at all.
                              50% of what? the UT2K3 players? Well thats about 5 people then... Im a fairly decent player but people flying all over the place is just plain silly (and completely daunting for noobs).
                              Im guessing this boost dodge mutator isn't official because the game aint out yet, just wait til the games out then ask EPIC why your beloved boost dodge wasn't put back in as a mutator like they have promised...

Comment

Working...
                              X