• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunbug still in 2k4??!!?!!!

Was just playing 1 of those iTDM 2k4 servers
    and to my surprise i got the gunbug
    thought they would of fixed it in 2k4 :bulb:

any1 else had the gunbug with the demo???

hope they fix it with the full version

Describe the "gunbug"?

On a side note, I notice the Redeemer bug (when used by someone in alt-fire, they idly hover around the map) is still there.

Comment

well after u die and respawn
      ur gun stops firing it still have the animation of the gun recoiling but the gun doesnt shoot anything out
      and the only ways of getting the gun back is either
      suicide which doesnt always works or
      reconnecting to server whcih means back to 0 points

in insta as u only have the 1 gun if it stops firing u cant do anything

Comment

You're not even supposed to be playing IG...

Comment

just say i joined without knowing its a insta server

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
            You're not even supposed to be playing IG...
            Word. Don't complain about bugs for something that you aren't meant to be playing in the first place. Maybe it's fixed in full version and isn't in Demo? Eh? Just like cheat protection.

Comment

He wasn't talking about instagib exclusively; it seems to be able to happen to any weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by SculptedCold
                He wasn't talking about instagib exclusively; it seems to be able to happen to any weapon.
                The only weapon bug I can think of right now that is still there is the flak/rockets bug where you hit someone directly and it does no damage.

Comment

Originally posted by SculptedCold
                  Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                    The only weapon bug I can think of right now that is still there is the flak/rockets bug where you hit someone directly and it does no damage.
                    Which reminds me, I should still slap some people in the face some day for saying that bug is rare, or that it's caused by lag.
                    I hear more and more people about it. I've been having that since day 1 on low pinging servers. (tho' it seems to be more rare in UT2k4, especially with the AR grenades)

Comment

A clanmate of mine was in a ONS match recently and his weapons would not come out at all. No animation, no nothing. He had to kill himself somehow before his weapons would come out. Now that bug has been around since 2k3.

Comment

I have had this bug on UT2003 but not with UT2004 demo (at least yet). Every time I got it was because of packetloss, for some reason server keeps thinking you can't fire and doesn't recover until you suicide (and it doesn't always work) or reconnect... Bloody frustrating. Lately when my conn improved I got it far less than before.

Z.

Comment

Working...
                        X