No announcement yet.

True AI and the future of gaming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I edited my post to better reflect the time of posting on these forums, but you quoted me too soon. That will teach me to click the post button too quick.

I was also being sarcastic and to be honest it has to do with the way you use goss generalizations of people from a region. Some of your posts have really gotten to me over the last year but instead of posting mad I just ignore the comment. I guess this is the post where I finally tell you about it without being mad....

Comment

It's a nice idea but I think it would weight a bit heavy on CPU cycles which would in turn degrade game performance. As is the more advanced games will give even the best systems a workout , I don't see hardware getting that far in front not for a very long time.

Comment

Any generalization I have made (about the French, I presume) has been in jest. I like French people as much as anyone else.

Comment

I made a Thread like this Over at Skill Club Months ago. It would be great having an AI that actiually doesent act like an AI and is completly like a human but is not. (It makes sense)

However, you have to look at both sides of the story, Give the AI too much control and then what happens in the movies could become reality and we wouldent want that.

But it could also become a positive thing, it could live with us but really, it has to be tried and teste in a controlled enviroment and not in the entire world first.

Technology has taken leaps over the years, faster and faster, but will one day Technology be the death of us....?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkus
            I made a Thread like this Over at Skill Club Months ago. It would be great having an AI that actiually doesent act like an AI and is completly like a human but is not. (It makes sense)

However, you have to look at both sides of the story, Give the AI too much control and then what happens in the movies could become reality and we wouldent want that.

But it could also become a positive thing, it could live with us but really, it has to be tried and teste in a controlled enviroment and not in the entire world first.

Technology has taken leaps over the years, faster and faster, but will one day Technology be the death of us....?
            As someone once said, "I don't know what weapons will be in World War 3, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." Not an exact quote, best I could remember.

Comment

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
              As someone once said, "I don't know what weapons will be in World War 3, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." Not an exact quote, best I could remember.
              Einstein, right?

Comment

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
                It was made by Albert Einstein, and yes that is nearly the right quote. WW3 will be fought with Nuclear Weapons I think.

Come to think of it, that could well become the truth by the looks of things...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
                  Any generalization I have made (about the French, I presume) has been in jest. I like French people as much as anyone else.
                  Nope, if it was the French I would have joined in the fun.....:haha:

Comment

Einstein, right?
                    Found the quote. "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Yep. Good job. :up:

Comment

Technology can have two sides, lets make sure that the people behind the technology dont abuse it!

Comment

You should try and make them funny.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                          You should try and make them funny.
                          I think it's impossible to make the French people funny ...
                          // --
                          Anyone remember Q3A ?
                          The bots had a Lisa-like interpreter (Lisa is one of the first programs that attempted to make it look like a real person answered, it's not AI though) that allowed them to respond to text-chat.

I think the only problem is that people in games rarely use correct spelling and grammar.

Comment

Ive played Quake 3 for years now, and never heard of that? :bulb:

I dont play as much now, but I map for it though...

Comment

Originally posted by ImJacksAmygdala
                              Nope, if it was the French I would have joined in the fun.....:haha:
                              Then WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                              X