True AI and the future of gaming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True AI and the future of gaming...

So with the advanced AI that some companies are coming out with now, do you think we'll soon see a future where you'll actually play offline and hold conversations with BOTs you play against? Perhaps coordinate an intellegent strategy with some of your AI team mates while the other side does the same? Maybe see a bot camp behind a tree, just waiting for you to come around the corner, and try other stupid stunts like that?

Honestly, I think that it would be a great addition for a bonus pack to have a form of AI that will recognize key words in your chats and respond accordingly, wether with a taunt from the enemy team, or with a command acknowledgment; Basically just an advanced form of the voice recognition we have now, but for chatting... Even voice would be good.

How bout you Epic guys? Will we see more AI goodness voicechat style in bonus packs, or maybe even ut2005?

I hope so. :up:

It'd be fun, but I doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Comment

yes, I'd say 7-10 years

it will happen eventually....

Comment

maybe but it wont be the same as talking to another human. To get all the little quircks that make us humans would be impossible. Also AI that truly learns (not just scripted flags or anything) is nearly impossible because it wont be able to deter from what your saying or the door bell.

Comment

yup.

right now AI is governed by sets of rules and it knows ONLY those set rules. it will be a long while before we develop the technology to allow machines to make independant, non-programmed decisions...

Comment

i hope that time never comes with true ai, programmers will have found a way to create life and that is scary. some extreme cases are seen in movies like ai, matrix, terminator. although i dont think that something like that will happen, it is just a possibility. besides, would you trust the ability to make life in anyone's hands, but God's. i know i wouldnt

Comment

This isn't going to happen for a loooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
                This isn't going to happen for a loooong time.
                minus 'ooo'

technology is growing exponentially, and will continue to as long as we don't kill ourselves first... advanced AI may be closer than you expect. Definately in our lifetime.

Comment

I think one of the biggest advances in OS software will be a virtual secretary that you can talk to. The virtual secretary will be part of the desktop and remind you of all sorts of stuff and pull data that you ask for. As far as the gaming world is concerned the virtual secretary will know how to play your favorite games and will follow orders not to camp, cheat, Raptor camp, or be lamers in general...

The secretary will also be able to have custom skins of your favorite **** stars and game characters....:haha: :up:

Comment

I don't see why god should be the only one allowed to create life (if he even exists) - he didn't do that good a job of it.

Comment

Think of Pac-Man, and look at UT2k4 what a leap.

And leaps are comming faster now-a-days

Conversations with the bots?
                      Hmmm

Comment

God didn't do that great of a job??

<***** Slap>

God did a perfect job, we F'ld it up

Comment

Originally posted by kisk
                          minus 'ooo'

technology is growing exponentially, and will continue to as long as we don't kill ourselves first... advanced AI may be closer than you expect. Definately in our lifetime.
                          I am a physicist and computer programmer, and I can tell you that the level of complexity that is required for sentient thought is still very far away. We basically need to be able to build something as complex as, or nearly complex as, our brains. Our brains are composed of billions of neurons, each one connected to a thousand or so of its neighbors. That is how we can process and make decisions so quickly, our brains are so massively parallel it's almost inconcievable. We will have fairly convincing AI within 10 years. However, *TRUE* AI that can talk to you and deal with thousands of dynamic environmental variables in real time, is still far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
                            I am a physicist and computer programmer, and I can tell you that the level of complexity that is required for sentient thought is still very far away. We basically need to be able to build something as complex as, or nearly complex as, our brains. Our brains are composed of billions of neurons, each one connected to a thousand or so of its neighbors. That is how we can process and make decisions so quickly, our brains are so massively parallel it's almost inconcievable. We will have fairly convincing AI within 10 years. However, *TRUE* AI that can talk to you and deal with thousands of dynamic environmental variables in real time, is still far away.
                            Since last year I had know idea you were so intelligent....

Comment

Originally posted by ImJacksAmygdala
                              After all these years I had know idea you were so intelligent....
                              Very few people know a lot about me. One of them that did recently died in a car accident. My list of good friends diminishes....

Comment

Working...
                              X