Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just cancelled BF:Vietnam preorder because of UT2004!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironhide
    far cry and stalker will pummel ut2k4 in the end
    LOLZ, dream on... Anyway, you can hardly compare them really, UT=Spidermines, Flak and shock balls Far Cry/Stalker=hiding in bushes?! :weird:
    You're weird...

Comment

Originally posted by fijiman
      ...maybe BF:Vietnam is not that much different than the original and they dont want to let that secret out.
      You've only just figured that out, EA=RipOff Just look at all the crappy add-ons they did for BF1942, at least EPIC haven't charged us for a few new maps n stuff...

Comment

hm, some of you that say far cry will fail I think are right. due to the extreme rigs that it requires (not to mention it will only come in DVD format) most people wont be able to play.
        I myself do meet its requirements, so dont' go flaming me saying i hate it cause i can't play it.

Comment

Really i dont give a **** which is competing against what. They are all going to be good, and ill buy and play the lot! whodathunkit!?

ewww fanboys

shoo, shoo...

Comment

Originally posted by Saytan
            Really i dont give a **** which is competing against what. They are all going to be good, and ill buy and play the lot! whodathunkit!?

ewww fanboys

shoo, shoo...
            My intention for the post was never a fan boy view. My point was that between my 2 kids, wife and job Im left with about 1 hour of gaming during the week and 5-10 on weekends.

Im enjoying the demo so much I dont see myself giving up that hour per night playing BF. I'll have to figure a way to squeeze in Far Cry

Comment

Update AS OF MONDAY 3/15
              I just checked the EB site and was excited when I saw a tracking number on my order page. I clicked it and it was BF:Vietnam! They shipped it after I cancelled it, I got a cancellation confirmation and everything. So far they havent charged my cc. I thought my UT2004 had shipped, that still has a picture of an open box. So Im either getting a free BF:Vietnam or I get to fight them to send it back. In the end I'll probably just keep the **** thing.

Comment

well, i still love the battlefield series, as its definetly lots of fun, whenever i play it.

and that's usually at our big LAN we have in these parts every few months. so having 32-64 player servers with minimal lag, is very possible.

either way, i changed my mind on buying far cry, to UT2004. the demo they released for that game was just rotten. there were so many times where the AI in doom2 was more 'intelligent'. as well as it just seemed like another pointless run and gun game. stealth was an option, but more times than not, as soon as you kicked a pebble, the whole island would suddenly be aware of you.

as far as battlefield being multiplayer only.. who the hell plays it for the single player? who actually plays UT for the single player consistantly? if anyone answers 'I do'.. then what the hell is wrong with you ?:bulb:

im one of the diehard infantry/ground troop people, who usually never use a vehicle, and i get scores that are usually always towards the top of the list. in battlefield, it just means not running around like it's a deathmatch game. most people in vehicles seem to be blind, and dont notice you half the time anyways.

same with UT, minus the hiding part. but in UT, vehicles are possible to destroy with normal firepower, so it's not as much of a hassle.

either way, stop dissing on battlefield, as its obviously been doing very well over the last year or so.

far cry.. feel free to diss that game. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Jynxy
                  as far as battlefield being multiplayer only.. who the hell plays it for the single player? who actually plays UT for the single player consistantly?
                        I do (for both games)!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhide
                    vietnam looks bad, especially with none existant single player

far cry and stalker will pummel ut2k4 in the end
                    Well, unless they've changed Far Cry so it doesn't feel like I'm playing Gilligan's Island, then I'd have to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bananko
                            I do (for both games)!

"then what the hell is wrong with you ? :bulb:"

especially battlefield. that single player is just a pain in the ***, but it is fun to mess around with jeeps / planes whatnot, without being shot at

Comment

Originally posted by Jynxy
                        "then what the hell is wrong with you ? :bulb:"

especially battlefield. that single player is just a pain in the ***, but it is fun to mess around with jeeps / planes whatnot, without being shot at
                              When Battlefield 1942 was first released, the single-player certainly had AI problems, especially with the bots doing almost nothing but jumping in and out of vehicles at a ridiculous rate and such. However, since that game's v1.3 patch (I think that was the version) was released, the single player game was fine.

And the UT series has always had great bot AI... perhaps the best of any game I've ever played.

When I play multiplayer, though, the opponents get mad at me when I shoot at them.

Comment

i've seen an ad for BF:vietnam, it's awfull!
                          first, you see a vietnameese(spelling plz) shoot a rocket, there's some smoke, but you can see that the rocket is still there:bulb:

then, helicopters come. one goes over a boat and a chain "magicaly" appears to lift the boat.:bulb:

t's more unreal than "unreal" itself:bulb:

Comment

Working...
                          X