Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just cancelled BF:Vietnam preorder because of UT2004!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cancelled BF:Vietnam preorder because of UT2004!!!

About a month ago I preordered UT2004 SE, BF:Vietnam and Far Cry.

Today I cancelled BF:Vietnam because Im having so much fun in the UT2004 demo. Then in that Gamespy article today with all the ONS and Assuault screenies I figured Id just be playing UT2004, those maps look awesome! There is no way I'll divided my time playing BF. Maybe down the road 6 months or so when (if) I get sick of UT2004, I'll buy BF:Vietnam.

Now I still have my Far Cry preorder, but I enjoyed that demo and its different enough from UT2004 that I think I'll be able to devote some time to that.

Anyway, hope the mods or developers see this and take it as a job well done. You just took money out of the hands of your competitor! I was never a die hard UT2003 player and I never owned the original UT, but this demo has converted me over to your franchise. Good work, I hope you all get raises and a little piece of the action on sales!

EDIT AS OF MONDAY 3/15
    I just checked the EB site and was excited when I saw a tracking number on my order page. I clicked it and it was BF:Vietnam! They shipped it after I cancelled it, I got a cancellation confirmation and everything. So far they havent charged my cc. I thought my UT2004 had shipped, that still has a picture of an open box. So Im either getting a free BF:Vietnam or I get to fight them to send it back. In the end I'll probably just keep the **** thing.

vietnam looks bad, especially with none existant single player

far cry and stalker will pummel ut2k4 in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhide

Snicker*... giggle ... :haha: ... ROLF! Farcry ... that's a g1!!

Comment

yea thats comming from some who had a bird poop on his head

Comment

For the bird poop guy...did you play the demo? maybe its not your type of game, but it was pretty **** fun. Anyway not talking about another game, I dont want to be banned, so i'll exit now.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhide

LOL, right. UT2004 is the largest game to date, and has so much to offer. Way more to offer then Far Cry and Stalker could muster.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap
              LOL, right. UT2004 is the largest game to date, and has so much to offer. Way more to offer then Far Cry and Stalker could muster.
              Well in terms of map size farcry is larger but i dont think you were talking about that.

Comment

UT2004's Onsalught maps can't even scale up to the huge arenas in BF1942. If that's a hint...:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Strykur
                  UT2004's Onsalught maps can't even scale up to the huge arenas in BF1942. If that's a hint...:up:
                  Bigger is not always better....err, at least in gaming!

Anyway sometimes I get real sick of the openess of BF, just for the sake of being large. Im sure UT2004 could have had the biggest map in the history of online gaming, but who cares. Its all about the gameplay, so far the small Torlan map is nice. Although I am looking forward to some slightly larger ONS maps.

Comment

Looking forward to all the maps of course, but that tiny little one node ONS map looks like it could be a woot!
                    GJ on the cancellation........ I'm still waiting for the jury to come in on BF: V... have heard some mixed things so must wait...

Comment

Cool. Just make sure you stop by some DM and CTF servers

Comment

They should just call Far Cry "Sniper Island Adventure"... I swear to god, its an engine that was designed SPECIFICALLY to render jungle islands.... what the hell is that?

By the way, I dont' know if strykur realizes this, but Torlan is one of the smaller maps... the fourth smallest, I believe... some others are almost twice as large. Additionally, these maps would seem much larger if the infantry were as amazingly useless as those in BF1942.

In conclusion, UT2004 is the pinnacle of multiplayer gaming, and BF1942/BF:V are happy fun war pretend time. Some people like that... that's fine. Good for them.

Comment

Um..... somehow I doubt Farcry will have any impact on UT2k4, besides the fact thats it a totally different game (which = different audiences) the game is completely unoriginal and offers nothin different from the rest of your standard RL shooter, except for some large, detailed, exotic islands.........

Comment

Originally posted by Main
                            In conclusion, UT2004 is the pinnacle of multiplayer gaming, and BF1942/BF:V are happy fun war pretend time.

How far more pretend could you get than miniature nuclear warheads, hovercraft and laser guns? In comparison to"happy fun war pretend time"? :bulb:

Besides, if UT2K4 has larger maps, then why does Battlefield support 64 players, while UT2K4 only supports 32?

Infantry does have a smaller role in the Battlefield series, but the role of an infantryman varies greatly from map to map (insignificant in a map such as Kursk, but heavy sniping action present in the urban maps).

Comment

I was going to get both UT2K4 and BF:Vietnam but BF:V just looks like more of the same ***** I've seen before. It's BF:1942 in the jungle with 60's music. I dunno maybe I'll pick it up after I play a demo or something but if it's just gonna turn into jungle sniper action fun time it's not really worth playing.

That was really the problem with playing BF:1942 online. There were a lot of folks laying in the hills sniping and a lot of folks waiting in line for the planes to respawn and everyone else getting shot in the head by the dozen or so snipers on every hill.

BTW, 64 is a really subjective number. Even DICE admits that it takes a hell of a server with a crapload of dedicated bandwidth to support 64 players and frankly I have never played on a 64 player server without lag and some bigtime bullet physics wackiness.

Maybe they'll wow me with the demo though. You never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X