Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 how long will the master server be supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 how long will the master server be supported?

Hi guys,

Right I've decided.. After a long break there is just no game like UT2004, my question is how long is the game going to be playable? I'm no expert on how it works but I've been having some major server browser issues lately and can only add servers direct from the IP, is that the case for everyone?

Cheers

Already PMed Flak about it. Hopefully she will get the Master Server back online quickly.

I really don't think that it's a planned to be pulled any soon, UT2k4 has far more active players than UT3 after all, so I guess the first will also still sell better than the latter.
    And as long as the UT99 Master Server also still runs, we probably don't have to worry about that anyway.

Besides that there are probably enough engaged community members who would offer hosting the Master Server themselves if Epic should ever decide to take it down. I still have enough trust in Epic to believe that they wouldn't screw their community that much over and not hand out the Master Server software in such a case.

Comment

Oh I'm glad that it's going to be brought back up soon. My friend was interested in buying the same and he wanted to know if you can still play it online.

Thanks for your reply!!

Comment

Master Server should be back up and running.

Thanks Flak!

Comment

Thanks Flak!

It's quite upsetting to see how quiet these forums are, this game is amazing and still much more fun to play than any of the modern FPS's, such a great shame.

Oh well I'll keep playing it and I hope to play with all you other players.

Comment

Sorry for the downtime folks!

Comment

Working...
            X