Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite 'Unreal' Game of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Old skool unreal for me, had some great fun playing that one. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still like the original UT the best, but UT2004
    could very equal it. Nothing, for me, will ever
    surpass it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Currently it is still UT'99.

But it might very well be UT'04 in the near future. Me likes teh demo. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT is my all time favorite. Its what brought me into online gaming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal gets my vote.

UT was fun, and UT2/2.5 may be fun now but nothing compares to Unreal.

Unreal was probably the greatest online experience I had since getting my first frag in Doom against one of my friends. Looking at the isv-rikers (think that was the ship) after it had transported us (co-op) down to the suspire village just made us feel so small compared to the map. I relized the magnitude of the game, and it almost made me feel a bit dizzy, like when I look up at a skyscraper. I've not had that feeling since Unreal. You could just look up at the night sky and be amazed at how beautiful red moon was. The extreme detail that went into every little spect of the game was just breath taking.

Things like the dispersion pistol powerups, the hours of fun in co-op running around in the sunspire tower looking to find the top, only to come out on some incredibly small ledge just added to the overall "wow" impression that Unreal gave.

But words don't do the game justice. If you haven't tried it before (an outrage, I know ) go find a copy of Unreal Gold. It may have slightly outdated graphics, but the game play and co-op make up for any lack of present day gaming details.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Strykur
    UT pwns all.

UT2004 shouldn't even be a poll option - you can't judge a game by a damned demo. Hell, for all we know, the full game will suck FFS.

That and the fact that Onslaught is flawed somewhat.
    I know you can't judge a game by the demo, but if you check the poll UT2004 is in the lead

And what is the chance that UT2004 will suck....unless you already thought the demo sucked to begin with THey even made a whole forum dedicated to getting feedback that they used for tweaking the final version.

I agree Onslaught is flawed somewhat too:
    ~ Mainily in how it distributeds points. You can do all the work attacking a node, but it you dont' get the last hit, then no points for you.
    ~ THey should add the assist points when attacking a node, and also give poiints if you link up to heal the node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT pwns all.

UT2004 shouldn't even be a poll option - you can't judge a game by a damned demo. Hell, for all we know, the full game will suck FFS.

That and the fact that Onslaught is flawed somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT99 + UT2004

UT2004 still needs to prove its self, its got 5 years of catching up to do, so i voted UT'99:up:, UT2004:up: rox tho sofar that is..., UT2003:down: was a bad mistake.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT2003

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JackReacher
    UT, for the great mod scene.
    Yeah, the variety of mods(weps/levels/power-ups/etc.) is what kept me playing it all these years :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT, for the great mod scene.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I liked Unreal II: XMP. However, I think it would of been a little better if it had a little more to do with Unreal II. Also, having a few more weapons would of been nice. Using the Drakk Laser (basically the Shock Rifle/Railgun) and Singularity Cannon (the big ****ing gun) would of been awesome.

Anyways, I voted for Unreal Tournament 2004. So far, it is the best Unreal game I have played. I am just hoping that will change if/when Epic releases a great single-player Unreal game. I am not a big fan of single player games, because I am very picky. But when I find one that really sucks me in, it is normally a great game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
    For the record, I believe that XMP is designed much better than Onslaught. However, the combat and style in Onslaught are more enjoyable. All we need are deployable turrets, and we'll be set.
    Yeah, I think XMP was better designed too

But the reason I think it didn't catch on was becasue it required extensive teamwork Like someone couldn't just go around "Tank-whoring" if there was no energy.

OH yeah......

DEployable Turrets would Pwn!!1!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the record, I believe that XMP is designed much better than Onslaught. However, the combat and style in Onslaught are more enjoyable. All we need are deployable turrets, and we'll be set.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT-> 'ol memories :sigh: ..... Remember it just being out, me and my buds organized a small lan-gathering in honour of this new and particulary phat game...
    Played it for 4 days and nights non stop, and still wasnt fed up with it. Lovely.
    bought a TNT2 ultra thingy for it now that I think of it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X