Atari does not support their products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by °Ømni°keñshiñ

Keep your order, continue to send money to a company that stifles innovation and fails to provide support for products you paid for, it is -your- money afterall. I just think wiser consumers may direct their gaming dollar elsewhere.
    Obviously, you haven't played the UT2004 demo much!
    Seriously though, you only pay once, and thats it... free online play. So what the hell is this product you keep talking about? Why don't you write the company a letter or something, ya douche?

Comment

Originally posted by L0cky
      As it's already pointed out, UT is a different story. The devs (Epic/DE) hold their own purse strings and their own copyrights; and are good for supporting their games on their own. In their relationship with Atari, they're the daddy. It's very unique and very rare.

If you look at the top of the page, these forums belongs to Atari, not Epic and not DE; and this particular forum is the most popular with the most posts. To get a message to as many Atari customers as possible this would be the best place to do it, and it would be entirely on topic.

Ken came here to share his and many other's experience of Atari and warn other gamers of what they're like. If you have something against Atari bashing because you're a UT fan then I think you should know a few things first.

Epic cut their ties with Atari, they won't be publishing any more UT games, or any other Epic games. Epic obviously feel they'd be better off with someone else.

Similiarly, DE's next game is not with Atari either. Here's what James Schmalz said about it:That's from the Pariah webpage at www.groovegames.com. Incidentally, that game is looking very interesting, the official site is here.

If you thought Epic/DE are on their side, you're obviously wrong.

Others may not know, the Atari you might have been familiar with, is not the same Atari that sell products today and I'm with kenshin; infogrammes have spoiled their good name.
      Thats all fine and dandy, but I have to disagree with you. This is not the place for someone to come and voice a single negative opinion in the middle of everyone being excited about a game. This is a forum about UT, not atari in general. If Ken has a problem with atari, he should write them with his complaints, or make his opinion known somewhere else, where people might be willing to take action on it. I highly doubt anyone here has cancelled their preorder of this excellent game all because this guy is spouting off about a UT:XMP problem. Frankly, he should be happy they gave it mulitplayer in the first place. :weird:

On top of all that, I just checked out the Pariah website you posted... Game looks great. Unfortunately, now that DE is with Groove Games, they're releasing their first big game on XBOX! Whoopedy doo! PC gamers are screwed no matter what!

Comment

Originally posted by FredFredrickson
        On top of all that, I just checked out the Pariah website you posted... Game looks great. Unfortunately, now that DE is with Groove Games, they're releasing their first big game on XBOX! Whoopedy doo! PC gamers are screwed no matter what!
        <snip> from the press release (emphasis mine): The new game, ominously named Pariah™, has been quietly in production for the past two years and is currently planned for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and the personal computer

http://www.pariahgame.com

So..PC gamers aren't screwed here.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathGoblinX
          How do you think us UT players feel? They competly abandoned us.
          Well they aren't going to support products past a certain age. Most companies support their latest release unless they are providing a constant pay-for service.

Comment

Working...
          X