Atari does not support their products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari does not support their products.

Atari does -not- support their games. Do -not- purchase a title from them. People are purchasing a game form Atari right now, called Unreal 2 : SE and they refuse to keep portions of the online game up and running, and also refuse to let any of their customers know why. They give no updates on when it will be fixed, and are ignoring massive amounts of complaints about the situation.

If you're considering an Atari product, find an alternative or you may be stuck trying to manually connect to other machines for online play using DOS style commands.

Can't wait for UT2k4!

Comment

find an alternative
      yeah lest go play quake 3 with its blilliant masterserver:down:

Comment

I'm sure you can find plenty of XMP servers with an ASE filter.

I don't think that's what you're here for tho... And frankly I agree with you, the masterserver for XMP should be put back online ASAP. But sometimes **** happens at the worst time when you never expect it. Honestly, I don't think there is any conspiracy for Atari/Epic to defraud anyone.... (what would be the point?) They're even having trouble keeping the masterserver for UT2004 demo active.

Comment

Re: Atari does not support their products.

Originally posted by °Ømni°keñshiñ
          Atari does -not- support their games. Do -not- purchase a title from them. People are purchasing a game form Atari right now, called Unreal 2 : SE and they refuse to keep portions of the online game up and running, and also refuse to let any of their customers know why. They give no updates on when it will be fixed, and are ignoring massive amounts of complaints about the situation.

If you're considering an Atari product, find an alternative or you may be stuck trying to manually connect to other machines for online play using DOS style commands.
          thanx :bulb:

2k4 soon :up:

Comment

Yeah, ASE filters work. You and I know that, but new users don't unfortunately. I'm hoping to at least get a reply from Atari stating what they're doing to correct the problem. Right now they just basically ignore customers, people that gave them money for the product. That's what irritates me and most consumers of their products.

Comment

By alternative, I mean a company other than Atari.

Yeah, 2k4 is feeling good to you now. Wait until they release 2k4.5 ( which is exactly like 2k4, except they've stolen the giant spiders from Half Life 2 and now have a class named Gordon that looks like a scientist in an orange suit ).

Comment

I very much doubt most of their consumers are irritated by their products..

but it does sound like a bad spot for people who play Unreal 2 to be in..

Comment

By alternative, I mean a company other than Atari.

Yeah, 2k4 is feeling good to you now. Wait until they release 2k4.5 ( which is exactly like 2k4, except they've stolen the giant spiders from Half Life 2 and now have a class named Gordon that looks like a scientist in an orange suit ).

I'm pretty sure their lawyers would stop them from doing that.

Comment

You would think. Except they took the raptor grinders from XMP for 2k4, and the dixie horn as well ( was a rather hilarious addition to the XMP raptor that activated when you hit the horn and ramped ).

Comment

atari didnt make the game :bulb: :up:

Comment

They're publishing it though. They won't support it either, but their name is all over it.

Comment

I am pretty sure they can use whatever they want from a game IN THE SAME SERIES.

Comment

I'm hoping to at least get a reply from Atari stating what they're doing to correct the problem.
                            Yeah, I'm going to cancel my UT2k4 order instantly! :up:

That's what I might have said if I was part of that lil fantasy world where one can hope to get a reply from a company after posting something like that above.
                            But here, in the real world, I'd rather put it this way:

Boo-hoo! :cry:

Comment

*grins*

Wait until the product you pay for stops getting support ( especially if you invested in money into the game on top of what you paid for the product.. ) that Atari is responsible to provide as a portion of what they advertise. I'm sure you'll just lay down and take it. After all, they're Atari and you're just some jackass that gave them money right?

No boohooing, I just think companies that take money and don't provide what they receive the money for, -or- give any indication they ever intend to, deserve to have their potential customers know this is the case.

Keep your order, continue to send money to a company that stifles innovation and fails to provide support for products you paid for, it is -your- money afterall. I just think wiser consumers may direct their gaming dollar elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X