Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certain races for certain assault maps? Probably too late.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certain races for certain assault maps? Probably too late.

After reading the new preview at gamespy with the mothership/robot factory maps. Are defensive players going to be forced to use the player skins that correspond to the story behind the map. It wouldn't make sense having a bunch of jugs or humans defending the skaarj ship, same with the robot factory. Not doing this pretty much kills the atmosphere.

The AS maps are re-enactments of hte battles for the tournament, you are not fighting the actual battle itself.

That said, a mutator that forces the opposition to a random skin of the relevant race could be fun for instant action.

Comment

yeah i was thinking this... there should be a option screen to pick your assult player models.. because it would suck all the different races insteead of the skaarj defending the mothership..

but thats just my opinion

Comment

As long as I don't have to play as thundercrash again all's well.

Comment

I think in the single player game when you play those maps you spawn as the model you chose, but everyone on your team is of one group (like the humans) and the enemy is all of another group (the robots, or the skaarj).

You know how you can force all models to one model or the other? Wouldn't it be great if you can force all players on your team to one model and the opposing team to a different model.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron
            I think in the single player game when you play those maps you spawn as the model you chose, but everyone on your team is of one group (like the humans) and the enemy is all of another group (the robots, or the skaarj).

You know how you can force all models to one model or the other? Wouldn't it be great if you can force all players on your team to one model and the opposing team to a different model.
            But you pick your teammates so not true, probably the other team will be the most predominant in that assault raid (convoy=helions mothership=skaarj glacier=thundercrash)

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
              But you pick your teammates so not true, probably the other team will be the most predominant in that assault raid (convoy=helions mothership=skaarj glacier=thundercrash)
              I understand how the 2k3 ladder works. I was wondering if the 2k4 ladder works differently, if the default is a certain team. Just an idea.

What do you think of my other idea about forcing identical models according to team?

Comment

Working...
              X