Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: Can I play with 2 monitors (spanned screen)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION: Can I play with 2 monitors (spanned screen)?

I have two monitors and I started to use it. It's amazingly handy (im afraid that I get used to it and I "cannot work" at workplace woth one. LOL).

Could I play with ut2k4 using spanned screen? How to set it up?

Thanks...

i dont think so... used to use dual monitor but havnt tried it with UT2K4 but from what I hear it doesnt support span screen. youll be hard pressed to find any games which do tho

Comment

Well according to Epic you can use 2 screens but ive yet to find out how. I agree with you having 2 monitors being much more handy. I started using 2 about 4 months ago and i can not go back.

Comment

Don't you have performance problems playing FPS's with dual screens?

Comment

hehe

Even when you watch movies it's much more entertaining after you get used to the "lines" at the middle of the screen (the side of the two monitor). But...

How the crosshair/targetting should work on two monitors... Because the screen will be split in two ways this the crosshair on the middle will be in middle (halwed)? :bulb: I don't think so but then I would see one of the side (flank) at my side (hope it make sens)?

Comment

Here's some decent info on the subject.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/index.html

Comment

3 screens would probably work best yeah. The question is, how many of you would consider this to be another brightskins like contrversy. I seem to remember a long time ago people thought using the FOV command wasn't kosher.

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=323783

Comment

Two monitors puts the center of attention on the split, not good for games. I agree, 2 is great for desktop work.

Comment

I heard the maxtor 512 video card is best for multi monitor...
                    Seen some that have 3 monitors to have like a 3d view

Comment

I thought there was a way to do wide screen res that allows you to see more of the map on your screen like a wide screen DVD movie. Maybe that would work on the dual monitor layout.

Comment

I think I am remembering now, doesn't UT2003 support SurroundGaming, I could have sworn seeing pic's of 2003 in a wide screen format and you could see a lot more of the game on the left and right of the screen. Someone else posted pic’s of it being used on a widescreen HDTV even.

Comment

Originally posted by Melll
                          I heard the maxtor 512 video card is best for multi monitor...
                          Seen some that have 3 monitors to have like a 3d view
                          Its called the Matrox Parhelia dude, old stuff, we were fooling around with it at WCG 02 Local Finals in Singapore

And yes, i do beleive it would work with 2k4

Comment

even cooler would be having the map on one monitor and action screen on the other :up:

Comment

Since the thread already linked to, I fiddled around with game resolutions alone, and managed to play the game quite happily on 2 screens, in full-screen mode.
                              I already explained in more detail here:
                              http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hlight=monitor

Comment

Working...
                              X