Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know the LG in UT2k4 is NOT instanthit(avi inside).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    LG and Shock are instant hit. Flak is not instant hit. Each shard that shoots out is a projectile.

Now as to a firing delay? No weapon that I know of has a firing delay, though the effect might be delayed for the LG. It's not a delayed effect on the Shock and IG Rifle that I know for a fact.

I can't watch the video on my inlaws computer right now (they don't have hardly any codecs - I'll have to fix that) but I would love to see a slo-mo clip of the LG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MidnightQ3
    Boksha we are counting on your skillz to scour the code and give us the skinny on this one.

I've certainly noticed the delay and especially it hurts the flak imo. It's useless above a 70 ping or so. So is LG and shock, but those I can lead better than flak generally, and I don't use them at close range so much as I do flak, where you really have to have instant firing cause there is no chance to lead really when you have to lead by 45 degrees.

My aim basically sucked for the first few days with the demo. I had to relearn how to aim, as I'm sure a lot of ppl have. I've pretty much got the hang of it now, but I can really only play on servers with 60 ping or less or my aim goes straight to hell. I really hope they fix the delay and did not put it in there on purpose, cause that would just be retarded.
    Well, like the movie shows, there's no delay on the shockrifle.
    I also think there's no delay on the flak...
    And to be honest I'm pretty certain there is no delay on the lightning gun either.
    The only thing looking at the UScript sources will tell us is whether there's a difference between the way the shockrifle trace is done and the way the LG trace is done.

(the actual delay effect might be contained in the game's C++ source, which we don't have access to, and won't have access to... EVER... and even if we did we probably couldn't find anything )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha
    OR you could just wait 7 days and have a look at the code...
    Boksha we are counting on your skillz to scour the code and give us the skinny on this one.

I've certainly noticed the delay and especially it hurts the flak imo. It's useless above a 70 ping or so. So is LG and shock, but those I can lead better than flak generally, and I don't use them at close range so much as I do flak, where you really have to have instant firing cause there is no chance to lead really when you have to lead by 45 degrees.

My aim basically sucked for the first few days with the demo. I had to relearn how to aim, as I'm sure a lot of ppl have. I've pretty much got the hang of it now, but I can really only play on servers with 60 ping or less or my aim goes straight to hell. I really hope they fix the delay and did not put it in there on purpose, cause that would just be retarded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Isn't it just the visual effect that isn't instant?
    Like the mini's tracers?
    Like the IG beam in UT?
    Like the effects on all hitscan weapons?
    :weird:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lotus
    As well, I find it quite odd that my aim become so bad upon the release of the ut2k4 demo, not only with hitscan weapons but also the flak, rockets, etc. I just can't give a good reason other than something I can't notice myself. I am getting better everyday, but im still not even close to my ability in ut2k3 to aim =(
    I was having the same problem, which I have hopefully narrowed down to this 'fire delay' and the fact that I was getting unexpected mouse acceleration (logitech advanced settings are set to disable accel which works for UT2003 but not UT2004 unless you tweak it).

But I hope this fire delay gets fixed, the new LG feels sloppier and more unresponsive compared toUT2k3. Hopefully someon can isolate it in the code and at least distinguish if this is indeed a 'bug' or a misguided attempt to tone down the strong hitscan weapons of UT2k3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Test it on lan or a low ping server. Try to hit someone who takes a jump-pad, shortly after he starts ascending. Or someone falling from a very high place, just above the ground.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is certainly something that have changed about the aim/firing in 2k4. While my aim is nowhere near Lotus i also experienced a total loss of aim with the 2k4 demo. I'm getting it back but at the cost of my 2k3 aim... :/

Oh well. Won't need it much longer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been told by numerous people in my clan that there is indeed a delay in ut2k4 from firing *all* weapons to when they go off. They believe it isn't a delay in that it fires off where you were aiming 50ms (or whatever time it is) ago, but rather where you are aiming 50ms later than normal for the mouse. Its as if you just turned your mouse-button sampling rate really low.

I set up bth ut2k4 and ut2k3 and set my mouse input to raise the sensitivity to about 10x normal at the same time as firing.

In both cases, the amount of drift on my mouse with the same sensitivities seemed the same. So, atleast to me, it seemed the same as in ut2k3 when I actually tested it. But, I don't distrust my clanmates experiences with it independently.

As well, I find it quite odd that my aim become so bad upon the release of the ut2k4 demo, not only with hitscan weapons but also the flak, rockets, etc. I just can't give a good reason other than something I can't notice myself. I am getting better everyday, but im still not even close to my ability in ut2k3 to aim =(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by F3nyx
    This has been in the LG weapon description forever. You thought they weren't serious?
    Nice find, but they weren't serious in UT2k3 either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From UnrealTournament.com
    Once the target has been acquired, the operator depresses the trigger, painting a proton 'patch' on the target. Milliseconds later the rifle emits a high voltage arc of electricity, which seeks out the charge differential and annihilates the target.
    This has been in the LG weapon description forever. You thought they weren't serious?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Huh, LG is ut2k3 has this delay as well. Its not a bug, its a feature

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/weapons.php

the operator depresses the trigger, painting a proton 'patch' on the target. Milliseconds later the rifle emits a high voltage arc of electricity

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MrÐ~
    What you should do is make a texture that changes color when hit, and if the hud change time and the texture color change times are different, you know there's a delay for sure.
    OR you could just wait 7 days and have a look at the code...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CH405
    I'm still having weapon switching problems since I switch weapons too early .
    I did that loads and loads in UT2k3 as well ;(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what video card/CPU do your have?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _arucard
    maybe Q2, Q3 RG is instant
    not online it isnt with q3's netcode.

I'd hazard a guess the LG has about a 30/40ms lag.

I guess it helps keep ppl from being able to head shot everyone with little thought.... but then again.. no not really:bulb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X